Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, which cable would I adjust if I want to affect a cam on the Guardian? The one that wraps tightly towards the middle of the cam at rest or the one that attaches on towards the outside of the cam?

This thing came out of time from the factory and I need to get it right.

· Registered
433 Posts
The Guardian has two control cables that you adjust to change the cams. If you do a search you should find info on Guardian timing. If you put a nickel on the limb you should be able to just slide it under the hook shape on the cam. When both top and bottom cams have this clearance the cams are in time. You also need to check your ata.

· Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Guardian has two control cables that you adjust to change the cams. If you do a search you should find info on Guardian timing. If you put a nickel on the limb you should be able to just slide it under the hook shape on the cam. When both top and bottom cams have this clearance the cams are in time. You also need to check your ata.
Before I worry about this, I need to get both in equal time. Also, I don't have a press - don't need one with the Guardian so it's tough to use this method. Which cable would I turn on this specific cam to get desired results? Anyone know which cable is the master to the cam?

· Registered
3,185 Posts
I believe it is the cable that is on the inside of each cam. All you have to do to check is take your hand and pull on both cables that go to the cam. Whatever cable moves that cam the most is the master to that cam and the other cable is the master to the other.

· Registered
9,755 Posts
Go to post #15 in this thread----------> http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=831948. It'll tell you all you need to know. The cable end that you twist or untwist is like another poster said....the end that attaches near the cam's "J" hook (that part on top of the quarter in the other thread). That is the "master" cable as you put it. If you twist the cable, you shorten it and the cam will start to rotate towards the limb using the "J" hook as a reference. Untwist the cable and the opposite occurs.....:rolleyes:. Centertrac binaries are a snap to time and get the rotation optimized by using this method.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.