Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an answer for another thread about Guardians.

I thought I had heard that Bowtech had a mod that would make the guardian 65% instead of 80%, for the guys that want to comply for P&Y regs.

Am I dilusional, or does it exist?

BTW I have checked BTs site and see nothing listed exept the CP mods for 07and 08, but they also have pics of cables above AND below the cable guards. :confused:

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Never heard of a 65% mod for a guardian.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
No such mod..

·
Registered
594 Posts
Just read through the 2007 owners manual. The first year the Guardian was offered to the public and the year I bought mine. It is just pretty general in that it covers all the models of that year. It does state on page two that "All models feature an adjustable let-off of up to 80%." Then on page 5 it says; "Changing the let-off is accomplished with ease. It may require a post setting and/or a module change)." The draw stop affects the bow’s let-off by stopping the rotation of the cam on the module track before it over rotates and before the cables contact the mod stop slot. Let-off can be adjusted up to 80%. I know I'm not really helping, but it is saying the let-off can be adjusted. I hope someone that knows will step in and help you!! Good luck!!

·
Bow Huntin' pure-n-simple
4,922 Posts
does it have a adj. draw stop ? If so the let off is adj.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
i think there is a screw/stop you thread into the module that acts as a stop. this is the 65% letoff. if you remove it, then its "80%", but it seems most are in the mid 70's. mine is 73 or 74.

·
Patriot
5,052 Posts
i think there is a screw/stop you thread into the module that acts as a stop. this is the 65% letoff. if you remove it, then its "80%", but it seems most are in the mid 70's. mine is 73 or 74.
It is a small plastic piece that goes on the end of the modules.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is a small plastic piece that goes on the end of the modules.
Thanks, that makes sense. I Imagine you could get the same result, by untwisting the cables though.

Thanks guys. :thumbs_up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts