Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Trophy Nanny Hunter
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's gone on a guided hunt by themselves? DO most of you go with a buddy or 2? I am interested in going on a guided hunt at some point but my friends/family either don't have the money or aren't interested in spending the money (my dad would fall into the latter category). I'd like to go on a nice hunt even if it's a couple thousand bucks but the thought of going by myself is a bit of a concern. I typically hunt by myself anyhow 75% of the time, it's just the part of going far away with nobody to bs with over the course of the trip that is bothersome.

·
Only visiting this planet
4,216 Posts
Don't worry about it - you'll meet other hunters while you're there and I'd be surprised if you didn't meet some new hunting friends out of the deal.

Went alone on my first guided hunt ever, to TX last year. Had a blast, met some quality people and would do it again.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I'll be doing it in September after a buddy?? backed out a couple days ago.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I feel the same way, I am going to go crazy if I dont get to go hunt bear in canada next year and it cost a couple thousand, but hate to go alone want to travel with somebody or at least know somebody at camp to BS with, I hate hunting with people but love to gab at camp... Send me a Email me [email protected] or PM me on archerytalk, and if canada isnt your thing say so, Im open to most things just need time to get money

·
Registered
474 Posts
Self Hunt

I've hunted alone a few times. If you're going bear hunting there will be others in the camp too. If I was chasing elk out west that would probably be a different story. Now a days it's getting pretty pricey to hunt and it's hard to get someone else committed to going. I hunt whitetails alone in Ontario, but there are others around and I usually have them check on me. I always carry the cell phone, believe it or not I can get a signal and they have 911 if I was able to use it. Be extra cautious if you're alone, and let someone know where you're at. I've found one friend passed away in the woods and it's not much fun for anyone involved.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I went to Idaho alone last year and was hooked up with another hunter by the outfitter, it all worked out fine.

Travelling alone is a bummer and you have nobody to get "excited" with leading up to it.

There can be some issues though, such as if they guy you get paired up with is a jerk.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Bring a buddy

We have a group of 5 of us that go every year. I have a blast hearing about there hunts and helping track there deer. It makes the trip for me. If we go 2 for 5 as a group and I didn't shoot anything I still have a great time were we go. Plus when you do shoot something nice it is fun to be able to share it with someone you know. I would highly recommend going with at least one other person.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts