Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
I'm nicer than I appear
8,037 Posts
There's a guy in Springfield Mo named Jamie Jennings who shoots with a mouth tab....and shoots dang good too !!!

If you want to bad enough, you'll find a way. :)

·
Trollinus Maximus.
33,294 Posts
embedded for you

iV61SPHIlcM

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
We have a couple of mouth tab shooters on AT.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Not to mention he is shooting 70 pounds!!

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
That's him.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
There's a guy in Springfield Mo named Jamie Jennings who shoots with a mouth tab....and shoots dang good too !!!

HE is a Mathews Pro Shooter

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Not the first but still impressive

A gentleman in Ohio named Bill Widmer shot like this 30 years ago, without the 65% or 80% letoff. He deer hunted, shot league, and even competed at the state level.

It takes a lot of moxy to accomplish this and I have a whole alot of respect for these guys.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
:wave: :teeth: Thanks guys!

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
You guys ought to try it. I did and it was a real eye opener to what these guys really have to go through.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts

HE is a Mathews Pro Shooter
A buddy of mine shoots with Jamie at the local 3D shoots. He told me something I found interesting and that is how how Jamie can break down the draw cycle of a bow for you. His sense of easy, stiff, how it builds up, drops into the valley, all that. Sense he pulls with his teeth, he's more in tune to that than most of us.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Kentucky Afield TV host Tim Farmer shoots this way. Had a motorcycle wreck years ago I believe and messed his hand up.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
That is the same thing that happened to the guy this thread is about.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
yep

he is a member here.i have actually PMed him and he responded. when you think about it, that is a great way to shoot if you can perfect it. great anchor point. great line of sight. uh oh! i better shutup. i am willing to try ANYTHING to shoot better.:embara:

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Kentucky Afield TV host Tim Farmer shoots this way. Had a motorcycle wreck years ago I believe and messed his hand up.
Tim is actually the guy that got me started down the road to shooting again. I called him b/c I wanted to relearn and he told me how! We have the exact same injury just on opposite sides of the body. We were both injured in motorcycle accidents as well, it was kind of weird the similarities between us, uncanny really. Tim is a great guy and has been very helpful. I've been blessed to still have my life & just b/c I got hurt doesn't mean I'm injured or need to quit doing what I want & love to do.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts