Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shooting an index release (Scott Blitz). Wondering if I should try and make it shorter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,230 Posts
Nobody can tell if your D-loop length is right, by looking at a picture of your D-loop.
Other than if it's just way too short.

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
it will stretch some as you shoot...it all depends on how it feels when you anchor

·
Registered
11,668 Posts
Shooting an index release (Scott Blitz). Wondering if I should try and make it shorter

I've had d loops 1",3/4" and 1/2". It is what works for you and your anchor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
When i get a new bow I start with a long Dloop (1in) and then try shorter and shorter. I stop when i find the length that gives me the best anchor and the steadiest float. Only u can tell what length will work best...Good luck

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks and i know this is off topic but i read about torqueless d loop and i was wondering....has anyone made a dloop like this? I was curious. This pict was taken before the d loop I posted lol. I mean its kinda like a torqueless d loop.....kinda....hah

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks and i know this is off topic but i read about torqueless d loop and i was wondering....has anyone made a dloop like this? I was curious. This pict was taken before the d loop I posted lol. I mean its kinda like a torqueless d loop.....kinda....hah

I meant to rotate it

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Thats not really torque less. It can still torque the string depending how you anchor. Check you tube for GRIV's torque less loop videos. I have one and I love it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats not really torque less. It can still torque the string depending how you anchor. Check you tube for GRIV's torque less loop videos. I have one and I love it.
Complicated to make and I dont necessarily got the tools. I like me reg d loop but thought itd be an idea hah

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Complicated to make and I dont necessarily got the tools. I like me reg d loop but thought itd be an idea hah

I agree. Neat idea...I might try it for the heck of it...

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Well...Let us know how it works! Thanks.

·
Registered
10,224 Posts

Not complicated at all and the only tool I use is my Allen wrench tool ( i wrap the string around it. its the perfect size to make my string bundle) i make the loop on the string and don't need a bow press to install it. For a true torqueless loop you will make the loop exactly the same only make it under the nock set and when completed slide the loop together. With a non capture drop away this style may be better with a larger bottom nock so you get a little "down pressure " on the rest. And on the plus side you shouldn't need to replace the loop until your ready for new strings. Definitely worth a try, good luck

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not complicated at all and the only tool I use is my Allen wrench tool ( i wrap the string around it. its the perfect size to make my string bundle) i make the loop on the string and don't need a bow press to install it. For a true torqueless loop you will make the loop exactly the same only make it under the nock set and when completed slide the loop together. With a non capture drop away this style may be better with a larger bottom nock so you get a little "down pressure " on the rest. And on the plus side you shouldn't need to replace the loop until your ready for new strings. Definitely worth a try, good luck

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk
Looks good, just might check it out. Will do some research on how to make it.

·
Hunter of many things
12,077 Posts
Shooting an index release (Scott Blitz). Wondering if I should try and make it shorter.

If your DL is correct and the string goes thru the corner of your mouth, then your d-loop should be at the length to make your release hand anchor where it supposed to. No one can tell from a pic.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts