Archery Talk Forum banner

had a slight problem at the shop today

2068 31
while I was trying to sight my bow in with my outdoor arrows at the shop this afternoon, while in the middle of my pull this happened...

my bow flew out of my hand and landed on the floor and tumbled about 6 feet away from me and slid to a stop.

the arrow landed here...

tied a new loop on and looked the bow over and its fine. Its a 07 guardian. the sights were still on target and everything was just as it should be.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
forgot to tell ya'll I also punched myself in the chin :mg:

· Registered
3,868 Posts
Glad your OK check your release for a rough spot. Ive had that happen in the past.:mg:

· Registered
580 Posts
That happened to me. cept i hit myself in the eye and my arrow was stuck in a tree 20 or so feet in the air. It was my first black eye.

· Registered
3,869 Posts
It happened to my buddy last Friday.He destroyed the arrow when it hit a tree and he punched his self in the face.He had just got a Carter Chocolate lite a few days before and it was pinching the loop when he was putting it on the string. Of course it was his fault for not looking when he was engaging the release on the string.

· Registered
1,699 Posts
Glad you are OK but from the looks of the string and cables it won't be long till this happens again with what I would guess would be more severe consequences to the bow and possibly yourself!!!:eek::eek:

Made my stomach queezy just to see the condition of the strings!!!!

Good luck!!!

Marc:darkbeer::darkbeer:

· Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,100 Posts
Would have liked to see that happen. You know I would have laughed even if I don't know ya. JK, sorry to hear about your luck.

· Registered
47,636 Posts
Glad you are OK but from the looks of the string and cables it won't be long till this happens again with what I would guess would be more severe consequences to the bow and possibly yourself!!!:eek::eek:

Made my stomach queezy just to see the condition of the strings!!!!

Good luck!!!

Marc:darkbeer::darkbeer:
I noticed how fuzzy his buss cables were in the pic. :eek: Better get the helmet and face shield. Body armor wouldn't hurt. :eek: :eek:

· I am the Tin Man!
2,985 Posts
Bloodied up my lip when I did it a few years ago, and looked like I had a bad botox job. My wrist loop kept anything from happening to my bow.

· Registered
2,718 Posts
What kind of shape was the loop in before it broke? If it was as ragged as the cable that I'm seeing in the picture, then a lesson was learned. I have had one loop to fail because it was worn and I kept telling myself that I would change it next time! Lesson learned: Don't play around with a worn d loop!

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the pic is a cell phone pict and it makes the strings loog worse than they are but it is time to replace them. The owner of the shop was going to make me a new set this week but he got called out of town. He will be back friday.

The loop did brake. It did show some ware but not enough to make me think it was going to fail. I was wrong!! :eek: must of had more problems in the center that I couldnt see!!

· Registered
3,868 Posts
I don't think ulta-noks are safe i have seen the screws back out It could become a metal projectile.:eek:

· Registered
10,406 Posts
Nothing wrong with the s/c's that a good waxing won't fix.Need to keep an eye on the d-loops for wear though.Some releases are harder on the loops than others.gl....ps....go to Hp.com and down load the free Photo Smart essential 3.5 for pictures...all kinds of things u can do with it.

· Registered
569 Posts
I had that happen when tuning a customers bow:embara: You need to take the bottom cam off and have it checked! cams and axles can be ever so slightly bent and not seen by the human eye. I ALWAYS use a finger sling now when working on anyones bow and a wrist sling when shooting. AS for the metal d loops you should see what they do to a mathews roller guard:mg: I would NEVER put one of those on a bow again! And like already mentioned if they come loose watchout!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.