Archery Talk Forum banner

half hitch braid

7096 18
i want to make my own bow sling ,and i was thinking of using the half hitch braid ,but i can't find out any info on how to tie it,i know how to tie a half hitch. .anyone know??thanks
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
390 Posts
I can tell you how to make a finger sling.
Other than that my skill with ropes are limited.

Go to the classfield sling section. There's a guy who makes it.
As long as u ensure him that you wont take his job, I'm sure he'll show you.

· Registered
1,485 Posts
Looks easy enough...
When you get to the place where you want the half hitch section, simply use an outside cord to tie a half hitch around the two center strands. Then do the same from the other end. If you alternate left and right, you should see the pattern shown in the picture.

Here's a single half hitch for reference:

· Registered
10,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
i have to mess with it more ,before i sped the money on the paracord .i'm learning how to do all these different braids,with 1/4 in cord ,i'm going to buy enough para cord to make three and see which i like best ,but even though i know how to tie a half hitch for some reason your picture showed me what i was doing wrong ,my practice braid doesn't look good yet but at least i kind of have a direction to head in,thanks

· Registered
10,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

· Registered
261 Posts
para cord

i make my slings the same way i use a round braid then cobra stitch then round braid again the cobera stitch is about a 1/2 inch wide to go across the back of your hand i get my cord off ebay there is a guy on there with a ton of colors if you would like i can pm u the sellers name or item number from his store

· Registered
10,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i figured out how to do all the stiches/braids: cobra,snake,half hitch ,i had a little trouble figuring out the diamond braid ,but eeven worked that out ,i learned them all using 5/16 cord ,cost me 2 bucks for one color , then when it was time to get paracord ,i just decided to buy one made up and be done ,i ordered a snake braid from dave in the classifieds

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.