Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new xbow hunter and during practice have buried a few arrows so far into the target the fletching has torn loose. I know, get a better target. My question is how do I refletch arrows with a half moon nock? Do I get a Bitz or what and how do I index the shaft?
Rich

·
Registered
734 Posts
I refletch them for my Dad's Parker with my Arizona EZ Fletch. You just gave to make sure that the nock is seated correctly against the bar in the bottom of the jig.

Bob

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
Personaly I pop them out, refletch, then pop them back in wiht a small drop of glue so they dont turn...Most factory ones are not glued and come out pretty easy

Wyvern

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
If they are glued in then get the Bitz crossbow nock receiver, that is if you have the Bitz fletcher. Do what Dave says about popping them out. I then use a pop in type nock, and when finished just pull out, and glue in the half moon nock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the hints. Unless I have a lot of arrows to do it may pay me to have the archery store do it for me. Thanks again

·
Registered
624 Posts
Here's what I use. Works great for flat butts or half moon.

Yep, simple pencil eraser, five for $0.79 at walmart. I'm still on my first one.

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts