Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a dry fire accident and string came derailed. Having difficulty getting it back on. As you can see, it looks like the cams are rotated into a full draw position. How do I get them to rotate back into a resting position?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,690 Posts
Need bow press

Are the limbs also like they would be at full draw also ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need bow press

Are the limbs also like they would be at full draw also ?
I don’t think so. I wasn’t able to fully draw back the bow when it happened. Only got half way or so before I think it twisted out, which makes me think it’s not actually at full draw, just rotated. Can you tell from the photos is the limbs are at full draw?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you have a arrow knocked when this happened? Or were you drawing it back with out one?
No arrow was knocked. Like I said, I only got like 3/4 draw before the string popped out which makes me think the cams aren’t sitting there like a ticking time bomb

·
Registered
16,690 Posts
so you were drawing after a dry fire to see if it was ok? if those cables are under full tension like bow is locked up it could go boom, press if you have one if not I have seen and heard of ppl putting a rachet strap around the limbs to take pressure off cables and then take it in to shop to press it and get it checked out.

I had a new bow that the draw stop were not set right and bow locked up at full draw, string went limp cables got super tight and just as i set bow down it went boom shooting limbs thru wall, string wrapped around my wrist leaving snake like marks and black and blue lucky i think just to get away with that. was not pretty.

but you will need a press no matter what to get string back on, and if you dry fired it and then string came off at 3/4 draw most likely have a bent cam, axel, weak limb something is wrong.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so you were drawing after a dry fire to see if it was ok? if those cables are under full tension like bow is locked up it could go boom, press if you have one if not I have seen and heard of ppl putting a rachet strap around the limbs to take pressure off cables and then take it in to shop to press it and get it checked out.

I had a new bow that the draw stop were not set right and bow locked up at full draw, string went limp cables got super tight and just as i set bow down it went boom shooting limbs thru wall, string wrapped around my wrist leaving snake like marks and black and blue lucky i think just to get away with that. was not pretty.

but you will need a press no matter what to get string back on, and if you dry fired it and then string came off at 3/4 draw most likely have a bent cam, axel, weak limb something is wrong.
The string is not attached anymore to the cams. It is completely detached from the bow, I only placed it there for visual purposes. Regardless, heading to the shop today. Sucks

·
Registered
16,690 Posts
The string is not attached anymore to the cams. It is completely detached from the bow, I only placed it there for visual purposes. Regardless, heading to the shop today. Sucks

yep it sure does suck, hope nothing major is wrong for you,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts