Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to pick up a used Halon 32 I just bought that I took to the local shop. He was putting a rest on and paper tuneing. He said over the phone that it still had a top tear becauce my arrows are to heavy. I shoot 56# 29''DL 330 spine 30.5''. What do you think? Total arrow weight 405.

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
Think you need another tuner!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should have said he thought my arrows were to heavy in spine. I'm taking a 400 spine with me so he will have to show me that 330 spine are to heavy.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
You may be slightly overspined but that won't stop you from being able to get it to tune. I helped my wife bareshaft tuned some 27" 500 spine Beman ICS Hunters off her bow that draws 39lbs at 27.5". That's WAY overspined but she had the bare and fletched shafts slapping at 10 yards no problem. She had only been shooting a couple months so we didn't go further back. I've since then built appropriately spined Easton Carbon One arrows for her in an 810 spine to show you how overspined she actually was.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
I shoot 330 at 60#, 28.5” DL, 29.5” shaft with no problem in my H32-7. I do drop to 55# in off season and switch to 400, mainly because I already have the arrows and they coincidently shoot the same sight settings as the 330 at 60#.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I got there it turned out to be a low right tear. He moved the rest to the right until it was at 7/8''. Not much changed. His top tech will be back next week and I will take it back. I did try it with a 400 spine and same thing. Also sence he could not get it right he did not charge me.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Your tuner move the rest to the right for a right tear? Sounds like he has no idea what he's doing. If you were at 7/8" and it still was tearing right, you have other issues. Likely grip problems or you possibly need to shim the cams to the right with the Tophats.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I should have said he moved it the left. His peep setup lasted two shots. Had to twist the peep for every shot. Had him put the rest at 13/16 before I left. Went to the club and exept for the peep the bow shot well. Will be taking it back next week for better, I hope, teck to make it right.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One question the peep did not line up so the tech put twist in the string to line it up. I asked him would that not change the timing. He said no. What say you?

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
You'd have to twist the string several times to change the timing any significant amount.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Set the center shot at 13/16” and height to center of the Berger hole.
Get some New Rogue bowstrings to start. Probably will need to swap the top hats around.

Good luck.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I went to the dealer today. Their best tech took my bow and after moving the dloop, timing the cam that was off the bow is shooting great. Nice to have someone who knows what they are doing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts