Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently aquired a Halon X. My first Mathews.

I've owned Martins (which I've shot at 25"), PSEs (25.5") and Hoyts (26").

I haven't shot at all in the last 7 years so I'm relearning. This Halon X is set at it's shortest draw at 26" which feels slightly long. Is there anyone shooting a Halon X under 26" if so how did you get there? Do Mathews run long?

Remeasuring my DL via wingspan suggests that my DL is exactly 26". (Wondering how all those old fury cammed Martin's were measured back in the day! ;)

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Mathews' draw lengths always run long.

You can put a few twists in your string to shorten it to actual spec, though you might lose a little draw weight and increase your holding weight a little.

As far as your estimated draw length, I would suggest using whatever setting is most comfortable and repeatable for you, and treat the "wingspan/2.5" rule as a starting point.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,415 Posts
My suggestion would be is to take a bow that you feel fits you really good and actually
measure the draw length with a tape measure. Then if you change bows you have a
measurement you can use to get your new bows draw length pretty close in feel since
The actual draw length can vary quite a bit from what the module says.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
My suggestion would be is to take a bow that you feel fits you really good and actually
measure the draw length with a tape measure. Then if you change bows you have a
measurement you can use to get your new bows draw length pretty close in feel since
The actual draw length can vary quite a bit from what the module says.
This is spot on. You have to know your actual true draw length. It is the only way to get a different bow to be the same as you cannot count on what a mod or cam is supposed to be. Yes the halon x will probably draw a half inch longer that what the charts say.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1/2" long on mods?! Cmon Mathews. I'm already on the shortest mod...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts