Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into buying a mathews for 2018. Wanted some opinions before making the final decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
I will say I’m not a Mathews guy only because of the grip

I’d go with the 32. Same Cam

Both are dead in the hand. String angle is severe on the 28. No advantage to going to a 28 dude

·
Registered
8,586 Posts
I say if you are 5' tall or shorter get the triax. If you are an average sized guy or taller get the 32.

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
I will say I’m not a Mathews guy only because of the grip

I’d go with the 32. Same Cam

Both are dead in the hand. String angle is severe on the 28. No advantage to going to a 28 dude
Only because of the grip? Are you serious? Take the grip off. That's like not buying a car because you don't like the way the steering wheel feels.

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
Oh come on...you haven't figured out the triax is the best bow ever built. No brainer...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50,316 Posts
Both are very nice bows. My choice would be the Triax. But honestly YOU need to shoot both of them side by side and let the bow pick you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just went through this too. Ended up with a 32. I too, draw 30". I am not a huge fan of the grip, but will get used to it...

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Owned a 32/6 and have shot the Triax a bunch lately.
For me the Triax wins and not just because it is dead and quiet-everyone knows that by now LOL.
To me the Triax balances better than the 32, just feels better to me and I am 28.5" draw.
The balance makes the Triax feel lighter and point easier. I have not shot it at distance.
Shoot them side by side and decide.

·
7 Time pHp Camp Champion
7,243 Posts
If possible, shoot both. I want a bow that is as stable as possible to help with shots I did t execute well. (Hey, it happens :wink:). Generally, that is a longer ATA bow. I'm a big fan of "feel" as well, but that is second to function. I also look for a bow I can use for hunting as well as target shooting. This helps in the "feel" department because I spend more time with it as opposed to changing.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Or shoot down the middle and get a Halon 5-7 at a good deal...

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Had a 32. Just ordered a triax. The cam is the same and that’s all. The triax holds differently than the 32, better IMO. And the triax brings new meaning to dead in the hand. I had read all about how dead it was and I still wasn’t prepared for how little feedback is in the bow. It’s like nothing I’ve ever shot.

·
"Keep Hammering"
7,996 Posts
I just went through this too. Ended up with a 32. I too, draw 30". I am not a huge fan of the grip, but will get used to it...
So change it out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
I have owned both and it's a tough choice. Both have a nice draw but the triax is quieter and has less vibe on the shot. I liked the string angle better on the 32 but I'm a 30.5 draw. If you are 29 and under draw I would go with the triax.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I have a 29 to border line 29.5 draw length and the string angle is not bad at all on the Triax. I guess it depends on how you anchor.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts