Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im stuck between these two broadheads: the Trophy Ridge Hammerhead and Sidewinder. What do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
If you have enough KE use the hammerheads , they leave a devastating hole in a deer , I have used up 15 heads in the past 6 yrs. dont expect them to last any longer than one shot though being as there aluminum ferrules they sometimes bend or break off . if your looking for a lasting mechanical head use a TR steel head

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
Between those 2 heads I would choose the Sidewinders. I've killed several deer with them & never had a problem but shoot the Grim Reapers now because I think they are a better head. JMHO

·
Looking for a monster!
8,699 Posts
i shoot the sidewinders, they leave devistating holes and awesome blood trails. better penetration to being 1 1/2 cut. i have killed deer with the hammerheads also, but that long shank bends very easily. i re use alot of my sidewinders, with new blades of course

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
Ive killed over a dozen deer with the Sidewinders ... all had devastating holes and damage and none went over 80 yds ..... I now use the Steelhead XL's .... same cutting width but all steel .......:darkbeer:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts