Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the micro adjust version and the vertical micro adjust screw is binding somehow and I'm not able to turn it by hand. I have to stick an Allen key in the bottom and turn it that way. Should I call the company or is there a way to fix it.

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Has it run out of travel? The set screw can be removed and the whole body repositioned (think there are three different settings here I think).

Also confused- Installed the hex wrench where on the bottom; thought vertical adjustment was on the top and the set screw on the side.

·
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has it run out of travel? The set screw can be removed and the whole body repositioned (think there are three different settings here I think).

Also confused- Installed the hex wrench where on the bottom; thought vertical adjustment was on the top and the set screw on the side.
It still has travel. I did reposition the body. The micro screw on top is threaded and on the bottom of the threads is an Allen head. I can put an Allen tool in there and turn it that way but when I try to turn the knurled knob on the top it's very difficult to do, like it's binding somehow. The windage knob works just like it should.

·
"Keep Hammering"
8,016 Posts
It still has travel. I did reposition the body. The micro screw on top is threaded and on the bottom of the threads is an Allen head. I can put an Allen tool in there and turn it that way but when I try to turn the knurled knob on the top it's very difficult to do, like it's binding somehow. The windage knob works just like it should.
Maybe some grit worked it's way in there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Call Hamskea, something doesn't sound right. My adjustment knobs are too loose so I put a small piece of gorilla tape on them. Works like a champ!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Call Hamskea, something doesn't sound right. My adjustment knobs are too loose so I put a small piece of gorilla tape on them. Works like a champ!

O-rings around the adjustment knobs works as well to tighten them up and stop the rattling. Plus you can still adjust them without removing. Might work better then tape.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
You are likely running out of travel on the internal threaded screw. Remove the screw on the side that holds the vertical adjustment to the rest body and then turn the micro adjustment to somewhere near the middle of adjustment. Reattach the vertical to the body using a different attachment hole. You should then again be able to move the vertical by hand. Once you take it apart, you'll immediately see the problem and what I'm talking about. Had to do this exact maneuver myself a little while ago.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have this issue sort of. I have a hard time moving my rest up in the tuning process, but this is because the cord to the limb is very taut. This may not be your issue if you have a hard time moving it down.

·
Socket Man
24,051 Posts
Just take it apart, it is a super simple little system and you should be able to see how it works and lube it with some lithium grease and see if there is a burr or issue in there such as grit.

·
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are likely running out of travel on the internal threaded screw. Remove the screw on the side that holds the vertical adjustment to the rest body and then turn the micro adjustment to somewhere near the middle of adjustment. Reattach the vertical to the body using a different attachment hole. You should then again be able to move the vertical by hand. Once you take it apart, you'll immediately see the problem and what I'm talking about. Had to do this exact maneuver myself a little while ago.
I think you are correct. I did move the body but never readjusted the screw. Thought that was strange when I did it but didn't think twice. Thanks !

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have had this issue with a hamskea rest in the past. the washers they use for the lock down screws are two thin and if you tighten them too much the the washer will "cone" into the travel channel and damage the channel making it impossible to freely slide. I had to file the the slot to open it back up to prevent this binding before. Then I added a couple more washers to stiffen it up to prevent it from happening again.

Hamskea makes great stuff but the little items are overlooked on some of their stuff.

·
Socket Man
24,051 Posts
When you take the micro adjust off you have to screw off the little knob on top and make sure you put some blue lock tight on it so it will stay put when you use it. I agree with the thin washer thing. I didn't fix the issue but can see where it would be a problem.

·
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This was correct. I realized I moved the screw but never really moved the body. Once I took it off completely it was self explanatory.

·
Registered
35 Posts
you could also be at the bottom of that adjustment setting the hamskea rests have 3 different positions upper middle and lower and they all have their own adjustment ranges.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts