Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I need some advice or ideas regaurding the mentioned arrow rest.
I bought two of the arrow holders one is close to being able to hold the arrow. The launcher is all the way down. Idk if I can build it so it makes contact with the arrow. Just don’t like the idea of the arrow flopping around when I’m in a tree stand.
Thank you.
Tire Bicycle Wheel Crankset Bicycle frame

Finger Thumb Engineering Machine Wrist

Automotive tire Finger Bumper Thumb Gas

Automotive tire Crankset Bicycle part Rim Motor vehicle

Shooting a Mathew’s MQ32

·
Registered
245 Posts
Not a fix necessarily for your problem, but I have a Primer as well. I just use a piece of Stealth Strip on the riser shelf. The arrow still “flops” around, but does so silently because of the fabric. I also have a piece on the blade to keep it super quiet while drawing back. I find the Stealth Strip to be a lot more durable than felt or medical tape, two other alternatives I’ve tried in the past.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
Like Emmitt said above, I put felt/moleskin along the shelf/riser where the arrow could contact it. Works great for me. I worry that having a big hunk of rubber sticking up could cause vane contact.

If I'm still hunting with an arrow nocked I just hold it down with my finger like I would with my recurve.

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
I sold my Primer, but use like 1/32" thin foam on the shelf and up the leading edge of the riser. You only need it on the front edge because that's the only place a nocked arrow will hit. When drawn, the arrow falls naturally into the launcher fork. put some felt on that.
Ches.

Reactions: Mossy-Back

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Looks to me like the holder will hold the arrow really well if you just push the arrow down into it a bit farther so it pinches the arrow. You'll just want to do that and then make sure it will release it fine when you draw and not pull your nock off the string, don't want to have a dry fire or see the arrow completely come off the string when you get a shot hunting.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
With limb driven rests, the arrow is never fully locked in place. Really is a non-issue in the long run. You don't want to raise that "holder" as it can then potentially be in the path of the vanes.

Reactions: Alaska at heart

·
Registered
29,840 Posts
Early in my trad days, I wanted an arrow holder for a nocked arrow that held the arrow really secure. I found one that wasn't expensive and tried it while shooting and it worked ok. Then on a really cold morning in the woods, I began to draw on a deer and it was so stiff it pulled the nock off my string rather than release its "death grip" on the arrow shaft. Lesson learned.....really strong grip=potential for opposite disaster.

A limb driven rest has several pros to the design, but the open cage is something you learn to deal with or go back to a prong rest that is cable activated. As others have already noted, I use felt on my riser to prevent a nocked arrow from making noise if it comes out of the "cradle" on the shelf. If you keep your bow basically vertical, it stays just fine. But much past 70* it tends to slip out and rest on the felt. After having a couple prong style cable activated rests freeze up in cold weather and not drop, I would MUCH rather deal with a bit of arrow flop with my Hamskea Hunter Hybrid Pro rests.

·
Registered
898 Posts
As stated above, I would check to make sure your arrow is sitting through the berger hole when the activation cord is disconnected. If the arrow is sitting through the berger hole, then it will typically be sitting against the edge of the riser at rest allowing you to use the arrow claw pictured. Personally I prefer to put a strip of felt on the far edge of the riser where the arrow makes contact instead of using the arrow guide. With the wider launcher, the arrow will slide to the middle during the draw no matter where it starts out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts