Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a little early as they were just released Monday, but has anyone got there hands on the new Hamskea Primer rest yet? I'm thinking of ordering one and just curious if anyone has hands on one yet.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Had I not just ordered a Trinity that I am waiting for I would have went with one of these. Looks like a great more affordable option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine just came in today. If I'm not too much of an airhead to remember I'll chime back into this thread once I get some arrows through it.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered one a couple days ago and it should be here monday. I'll chime back in once I get my hands on it.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't put any arrows through it as I have a new set of strings to put on tomorrow and I'll finish setting it up then. I did mount it to the bow and so far I am very pleased. It is definitely lighter than my hybrid hunter pro, but the quality seems to be just as good. I will report back once I put some arrows through it.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,254 Posts
I read about them and have been interested in hearing first hand reports after folks set them up and shot a bit. Looks like a Hamskea.....but built backwards??? ;)

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
I haven't put any arrows through it as I have a new set of strings to put on tomorrow and I'll finish setting it up then. I did mount it to the bow and so far I am very pleased. It is definitely lighter than my hybrid hunter pro, but the quality seems to be just as good. I will report back once I put some arrows through it.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk
Are there screws on the bottom to adjust launcher angle like their other rests?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are there screws on the bottom to adjust launcher angle like their other rests?
This rest doesn't come with micro adjust, launcher angle adjustment, or internal spring tension adjustment. It is basically just a hamskea with no frills but comes in 2 ounces lighter than the hybrid hunter pro and trinity. Just a nice basic hunting rest in my opinion.

·
Mark
5,425 Posts
I looked at it but ended up going with the Hybrid Pro Hunter. Installed today and just get my bow back to bullet holes. My first limb activated, been using QAD with no issues.

·
Shootin and Cussin
23,585 Posts
We have installed a couple. Easy to set up and tune. Very impressive at that price point. Any specific questions?

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
This rest doesn't come with micro adjust, launcher angle adjustment, or internal spring tension adjustment. It is basically just a hamskea with no frills but comes in 2 ounces lighter than the hybrid hunter pro and trinity. Just a nice basic hunting rest in my opinion.
The no launcher angle adjustment would make it a no go for me. I like to use the accu guide launcher and at a sharper angle. Guess I'll just keep using my 2 Hybrids and Trinity.

Still looks like another solid option from Hamskea.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts