Archery Talk Forum banner

Handy Item to Carry......

987 13
In light of the thread about dropping things from a treestand, I want to share an very cheap and easy tool to help with "your droppings" :heh:
Weighs hardly anything and is compact.......and if you ever wanna go shark fishing , you're ready :tongue: :teeth:

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Retriever

As I said in the "dropped" thread, a 3/0, 4/0 snag hook attached to 30' of decoy anchor cord on a flat piece of ply. Or if in your part of the country snag hooks aren't available the same size hook with a split 1 oz. sinker re crimped around the shank of the hook. I've even been able to latch on to dropped arrows, gloves, releases, hats, etc. are almost too easy.
D

· Registered
94 Posts
Ok, here is what I have been using for the last few years. Almost everyone has some sort of pull rope to hoist their bow ut to their stands. Mine is long. Probably 35 feet because sometimes I climb tall pines. What I do is cary a few cheap key rings (the ones that come with padlock keys). I pull apart the key ring so is looks like an "S" and tie it to my pull rope. I can usually snag any item within 30 seconds and hoist it up. It has worked for pulling up a heavy jacket that fell to the ground when I was getting settled in, releases, and gloves. I was even playing arounf the other day and pulled up my python lock just to see if I could. The key ring doesn't take up any room and was free.

· Registered
432 Posts
bungee

I have used my 25 ft pull-up rope tied to the midpoint of an 18" bungee cord that I use to pack my stand. Both ends hang down providing you two hooks to snag your dropped items. Works pretty well for clothing or stuff that has a cord to snag.

· Registered
589 Posts
I'm going to rig one of those up tonight. Guess we need to dig up the Homemade Items thread again.

Thanks for the idea

Ron

· Registered
4,838 Posts
I was approached by a fellow at our last hunting show who wanted to show me his new product. It's a small spring operated contraption that you tie to a haul line to retreive dropped items. It's called "The Booger". It's rated at 25 pound lifting capacity, but has actually been tested to over 80. After a brief demonstration, I was immediately interested in possibly dealing it on my site. Before I had a chance to ask about selling them, he handed Tim and I each one and said "Here, try them out first". I can tell you first hand...it's the sweetest piece of equipment we've used this year. I've only "missed" once with it and that was my own fault. It will pick up anything (arrows, gloves, hats, releases, tabs, water bottles and snicker bars:tongue: ) and more.

If you're like me, you drop alot of stuff while fishing through a fanny pack in search of something that's always at the bottom..and drop stuff.:confused: It's a heck of alot quicker than climbing down to get it. :thumbs_up

You can get them here> walnutgrovehunting.comI may be able to get them for a cheaper price if anyone is interested.

JP

· Registered
2,247 Posts
Jerry/NJ said:
In light of the thread about dropping things from a treestand, I want to share an very cheap and easy tool to help with "your droppings" :heh:
Weighs hardly anything and is compact.......and if you ever wanna go shark fishing , you're ready :tongue: :teeth:
I just feel so stupid for all the times I have taken that climber back down the tree when I suffered fumble fingers. This is so simple I thought it would be obvious to even someone as slow as I.:tongue:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.