Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried searching the forum but couldn't find anything recent. Looking for some hang on stands to place and leave. I love my climber and am not looking to replace it for mobile options, so I could care less about how much it weighs or how well it packs. The locations I have in mind will likely be spots where I will potentially sit all day so I'm more interested in comfort and quiet than anything else (safety being a given).
I'm a big guy and prefer a roomy platform. The Millennium M50 looks like a possibility and the Family Traditions stands might work also. What others should I be considering?

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
If your a big guy the monster Millennium can't be beat only in price. Sit all day long and feel fresh as a daisy.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Millennium M60-U is a nice seat as well with a big ole platform. It's also adjustable which is really nice if your tree isn't exactly straight. Light, easy to hang, all the good Millennium stuff. I've got a pair of them, couldn't be happier. I have a couple friends who have Hawks and really like them too. You may want to check into their tree stands. I have Hawk Helium climbing sticks and I really like those. If their stands are as well made as their sticks are, they're definitely worth looking at.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I used a millennium all year last year, it's very comfortable to sit in I also like an ol man I have with the net seat and API baby grand very comfy and big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I see most didn't read again.

If your going to leave it up and don't need leveling, save a few bucks and get the M25. Its the same seat and dimensions as the M50, it just doesn't use the bracket nor has leveling. However both are very comfy.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hawk kickback. I have the steel version, it's heavy but rock solid and very comfortable.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,945 Posts
since you say hang and leave, i would get the Millennium M-50. They are heavy but super comfortable, if you search the web and find sales, you can get them for about $125 and they are a heck of a stand for that price, that is all i hunt out of now, i think i have about 20 of them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see most didn't read again.

If your going to leave it up and don't need leveling, save a few bucks and get the M25. Its the same seat and dimensions as the M50, it just doesn't use the bracket nor has leveling. However both are very comfy.
Thanks for catching that about the dimensions. I overlooked the M25, but I found them online for $69.99 so I got a couple to try.

Thanks to everyone else for the other suggestions as well!

·
Registered
82 Posts
millennium M150 all the way! I bought three of them 2 years ago, and they're by far the most comfortable stand to sit in all day. Platform is huge and you can't beat the comfort of the seats.

·
Registered
9,773 Posts
millennium M150 all the way! I bought three of them 2 years ago, and they're by far the most comfortable stand to sit in all day. Platform is huge and you can't beat the comfort of the seats.
I agree. I am a big guy and love the 150. I also have a m50 or some other simular model of millennium that is pretty nice also. I also am a fan of chippawa wedge lock.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
since you say hang and leave, i would get the Millennium M-50. They are heavy but super comfortable, if you search the web and find sales, you can get them for about $125 and they are a heck of a stand for that price, that is all i hunt out of now, i think i have about 20 of them.
I bought my m-50's for $75 on amazon. sales will come around, subscribe to the deals thread

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Thanks for catching that about the dimensions. I overlooked the M25, but I found them online for $69.99 so I got a couple to try.

Thanks to everyone else for the other suggestions as well!
They are a great deal. Like I said, they don't have the receiver bracket, nor do they level.. if you need those features the M-50 is it's twin in appearance and dimension. If your going on a fairly straight tree, and put it up pre-season and take it down post season, the M25 all the way. They even incorporated the foot rest into them, I think last year or the year before to make them even more comfy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They are a great deal. Like I said, they don't have the receiver bracket, nor do they level.. if you need those features the M-50 is it's twin in appearance and dimension. If your going on a fairly straight tree, and put it up pre-season and take it down post season, the M25 all the way. They even incorporated the foot rest into them, I think last year or the year before to make them even more comfy.
Glad you mentioned the foot rest! The ones I ordered from Rogers must have been old versions. I cancelled that order and submitted one through Amazon at $89.99 ea.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Another vote for the millennium M150

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts