Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing a fairly economical hang-on stand for hunting season this year. I already own a Summit 180, which I love, but I've grown a little tired of having to climb every time I hunt. Last year, I simply strapped it to the tree I was hunting out of and left it up for the season. I want the versatility of my climber, if I want to move around to different trees, but I would like to have one hang-on stand in place and use the climber as a back up? Any suggestions? Comfort is priority #1, with cost also being a factor. I've already looked at the Gorilla King Kong HX. Any reviews on that one? My backside tends to enjoy a seat that is "suspended" or "mesh" instead of a hard seat. Thanks to all for the replies!

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Yep, If you leave it in one spot a cheap one is not bad ,,they tend to wieght more steel..You can buy an extra pad like a turkey hunting seat and add to it ...

·
Registered
754 Posts
Just got a King Kong HX myself. While I haven't hunted out of it yet, I hung it up in my backyard to try out. So far I really like it but only time will tell. Got it on sale at cabelas for $89 as opposed to $99 regularly. I've also sat in $25 stands I've gotten at my local Dicks sporting goods. They've been good and comfortable too but also tend to sqeak a little when left up year round. Guess one can expect that though leaving it up that long without maintenance.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I been looking at lone wolf. Being 275 without hunting gear on I need one that holds close to 300 lb to be safe. Having to hike it a half mile I would like for it to be light.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the advice/posts!

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Never had an issue with the cheap ones at dicks, I think they charge $35 for them when on sale these days. I've looked at more expensive stands, but I'd rather have 2 $35 stands than 1 $70 stand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts