Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Isaiah 6:8
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pros and cons to a back rest? Does it help you sit there longer more comfortably? Is using one of those lumbar supports you can wrap around the tree just as effective? Sorry for all of the questions. Lifetime ladder stand hunter here lol

·
Blue Marlin
3,001 Posts
I have no idea about lumbar supports
My permanent hang on locations I use M150 Monsters. Very comfortable.
Run and gun mobile I use the Lone Wolf Alpha. Very effective.
Both are killer platforms. The M150 is a more enjoyable hunt and I find myself moving around far less than the Alpha set up.

·
Registered
24,067 Posts
I bought a Muddy strap on backrest a few years ago to try out and it has never been in the woods. Just one more thing to haul along and most of the season I have enough layers to shield me from rough bark. Since you are from TN and don't get cold weather as soon or intense, it may be worth it to you???

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
I cannot sit without a back support anymore . As mentioned above the M150 helps me hunt longer with comfort. It's best if you do not need to relocate often. I own 6 of them.

·
Huntoholic
1,718 Posts
Mostly M50 and M60 stands, I use a lumbar support that I carry in, but my stands are pre placed, so all I'm carrying is my bow, a pack, and lumbar support. The lumbar support helps not only with back comfort it also helps with noise from my clothes on the tree bark, it is no trouble to carry, I put mine on my back last, buckle in the front and pull snug. Now for the down side, they are not rock solid, if you lean too far it can move and scare the crap out of you the first few times it happens, and my stand seats will not lift back to the tree and stay up with the support in place, not a problem for me, but may be for some.

For me it makes a big difference in comfort and is worth the small amount of trouble.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Pros and cons to a back rest? Does it help you sit there longer more comfortably? Is using one of those lumbar supports you can wrap around the tree just as effective? Sorry for all of the questions. Lifetime ladder stand hunter here lol
Buy you a m100 or m150 and decide for yourself. For a permenant stand, they cant be beat imo. I do all day sits in them no problem. Yes, id say they definitely help you sleep/sit longer.

·
Registered
9,771 Posts
I love using my M150's so nice to sit in and hunt out of. I almost have all my permeant hang on's changed out to the M150's

·
Registered
11,944 Posts
I use the tree for a back rest.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I have no idea about lumbar supports
My permanent hang on locations I use M150 Monsters. Very comfortable.
Run and gun mobile I use the Lone Wolf Alpha. Very effective.
Both are killer platforms. The M150 is a more enjoyable hunt and I find myself moving around far less than the Alpha set up.
+1

different tools for different situations.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I just purchased the new XOP Air RAID Evo. Did a DIY foot rest on it. I have a lumbar back rest I may try with it. Being able to tilt the seat upwards with the adjustment screw, coupled with the lumbar support and footrest I am expecting a very comfortable sit for a lock on stand.

·
Registered
Isaiah 6:8
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i appreciate all your responses. ended up buying one with a back rest, i hope to go ahead and put it up within the next few weeks

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
I have exactly 1 with a backrest, won't ever get another without it! Teh rest I have a small pillow I strap to the tree to provide lumbar support, makes a HUGE difference, also helps to stay warm on cold days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts