Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of using nothing but climbing stands im ready to put a few hang on up and quit carrying everything in with me each hunt. So my question is what are some of the more comfortable hangon stands in the 100-200 price range.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I use hang-ons exclusively, I absolutely love them. However, that said if I were in your shoes I would NOT spend more than $100/stand in your trial run with them. The above mentioned models are good choices though.

I personally like a large platform which allows me to maneuver around to get into position for the shot. Also, invest in an inexpensive cable lock to lock your stand in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You should be able to get a millennium hang on for right around $200. It's the most comfortable stand I have ever hunted, and the brackets they have make hanging a breeze.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
MILLENNIUM M100. The most comfortable hang-on stand you will find.

·
Registered
214 Posts
You should be able to get a millennium hang on for right around $200. It's the most comfortable stand I have ever hunted, and the brackets they have make hanging a breeze.
im sure its a way comfy stand but theres no way im leaving a $200 stand up for sum scum bag to steal.but if your packing and out get the best u can afford...goood hunting

·
Registered
574 Posts
Well, I think you're asking the right question - comfort is really key. Having said that, I've decided that hang-ons are a young man's game. Too dangerous to hang, and to climb in and out of from your sticks or screw-in steps. I use only climbers and two-man buddy (ladder) stands now, to have a lot of room. Wrap some camo burlap all the way around so that I go without a harness. But on a climber, I use a harness. Just saying, be sure to investigate and consider the danger aspects of hang-ons, including the idea that if you use screw in steps instead of climbing sticks, they can possibly eviscerate you if you fall on them...

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I use hang on stands all the time and i only pay about $80 becasue I hate to say it but they steal them unless you are in a well hidden area or you can lock them but if they want them they take them it is a sad thing we have it happen!

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
I have a couple of the Boss XL's - work great. Just make sure you get yourself tethered in to the safety line as early in the hanging process as possible. One of the most hazardous parts of the process is after you get the ladder or stick sections up, and are trying to hang the seat.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have three hang on stands two gorilla's and one big game. Theyr'e not the most comfortable if you plan on sitting all day.I hang mine then on the way down the climbing sticks ,I pull the bottom two steps off so if someone wants to steal the stands they have to climb up the tree ten ft to reach the next set of steps.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the input guys. I do have a gorilla king kong cable lock or whatever it is called for the stand itself. I know the thing is thick and would take hours of cutting to get through it. I also plan on taking the the bottom section or 2 off every time to prevent theft. I know nothing is gaurnteed but i have a pretty good feeling it isnt going to be going anywhere. I have thought about the ease of getting onto the stand. I am pretty young and agile. I sit in a buddies hang on a lot throughot the year also but his is like sitting on a rock 15 feet in the air and i move around so much because you just cant get comfortable in it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I just hung a Family Tradition stand over the weekend. It appears to be very sturdy and comfortable - though I have not hunted out of it yet. It is a bit heavy at 19 lbs. Right around $200 and made in the US.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Best I have sat in is Ol' Man The Roost. It has a net seat you can sit in all day. I also have a Black Water Creek that has a web seat that I have sit in from dawn til dusk, but I think they are out out business. Always wear a harness please.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Just do it right like i wish i would of done years ago and get a LONE WOLF, with the quick connect you can put on numerous different stand and pack in the lone wolf which ways less than 5 pounds. It a little abover your range but the most comfy and leight weight stand around

·
Registered
15,595 Posts

·
Mark
5,456 Posts
Two good ones

Big Game XL as stated in above post, have one love it. another great deal at Dicks Sporting Goods is Compfort Zone Magnum XL on CURRENTLY ON SALE FOR $59.00, i also have one of these and love it. Both are about the same stand with 24" x 30" platform with footrest which has a safety comfort level to it and a must for me is the flip up seat as I like to stand a lot and lean close to the tree to be sneaky and comfortable on the back.

If you don't have safety harness with linemans rope you should get one. It free's up both hands when it comes time to hang the stand, without ityou work way to hard just holding onto the tree while holding the stand and trying to work the straps. Good tip here dude!

treesstand.jpg

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Big Game XL as stated in above post, have one love it. another great deal at Dicks Sporting Goods is Compfort Zone Magnum XL on CURRENTLY ON SALE FOR $59.00, i also have one of these and love it. Both are about the same stand with 24" x 30" platform with footrest which has a safety comfort level to it and a must for me is the flip up seat as I like to stand a lot and lean close to the tree to be sneaky and comfortable on the back.

If you don't have safety harness with linemans rope you should get one. It free's up both hands when it comes time to hang the stand, without ityou work way to hard just holding onto the tree while holding the stand and trying to work the straps. Good tip here dude!

View attachment 1158396
i just bought one and its a good size stand, very happy with it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts