Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hook screwed into my ceiling to hang my bows from and run the hook through the top cam. Been doing it for years without any issues, or so I thought. I've noticed every bow I've owned has developed a slight creek in it. It comes from the top cam and only does it on the first draw after the bow hasn't been used for awhile. Could hanging the bow by the cam be causing this issue?

·
Born To Hunt
6,125 Posts
What brand of bow is making the noise? There are some bows that are prone to doing this, and there is a fix for the noise.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Any bow will creak after a while. It may sound like its coming from the cams but 99 times out of 100 its the limb rockers and or pockets need lubed. This requires total disassembly of the bow.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Some times it does come from the axles. new plastic spacers will resolve this. Ive had to do this to several Hoyts and Mathews bows.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What brand of bow is making the noise? There are some bows that are prone to doing this, and there is a fix for the noise.
it's a Hoyt CRX 35 with Fuel cams. But every Hoyt I've ever had makes this noise after awhile.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I had the same model a couple of years ago and the fix was, as mentioned, in the spacers on the axle. A burr or something on the plastic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts