Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder how well the saw from harbor frieght works on carbon shafts;I need to cut a 1/2 doz shafts.I see they have it on sale for 27.00 bucks any pro or cons on the little cutter?

·
Registered
881 Posts
saw

i`ve had one for a few years and it`s still going strong. i attached it to a board and made a gauge for measuring.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I've got one too and it cuts carbons just fine if you get an abrasive cut off blade instead of the steel blade it comes with.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just used one last week and it did a fine job. You can't force through it but it cuts very nice.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I made an arrow saw out of it and it works awesome!!!! agreed on getting a abrasive wheel though, It will cut with the blade that comes with it but the abrasive does a better job

·
Registered
703 Posts
Saw

I made an arrow saw out of mine for that price. works really well. Just use the abrasive cutting wheel on it and you should be good.

Also when cutting arrows I found that spinning the arrow while cutting give a smoother cut at the ends of the shaft.

·
Registered
338 Posts
gotta use the abrasive blades. and gotta let the saw do the work.. slower the better

also.. do it outside on a table. that dust that it gives off is completely bad for you to breath in and seems to get everywhere..

especially when you do more the a dozen at a sitting.

i like to finish off my arrows with a few rotations on the ASD to insure the cut was square.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Harbor freight saw

I have one I used once its like new I'll sell it for 20.00 shipping included. P.M. me if interested.
Thanks Scott

1 - 13 of 13 Posts