Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2013 Prime Impact and I am wondering if anyone can tell me what hard cases this bow will fit in?

·
Snowmobile Fanatic
4,623 Posts
SKB Hunter would probably work. I have my Elite Pulse in one and it seems to fit perfect. Should be closes ATA as the Pulse.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Skb hunter xl I have my centroid in one and they are great cases

·
Registered
24,094 Posts
My kids just ordered a Plano Parallel bow case from Amazon as a Father's Day gift to house my Centroid during hunting transport. I looked at the SKB Hunter XL (the Hunter model appears to be a bit too small according to the SKB website), but didn't want to beat up a higher dollar case in normal usage. I will report back in a week or so on fit and quality. The Parallel case has the adjustable pillar design which looks to be a good concept.

·
Registered
239 Posts
My kids just ordered a Plano Parallel bow case from Amazon as a Father's Day gift to house my Centroid during hunting transport. I looked at the SKB Hunter XL (the Hunter model appears to be a bit too small according to the SKB website), but didn't want to beat up a higher dollar case in normal usage. I will report back in a week or so on fit and quality. The Parallel case has the adjustable pillar design which looks to be a good concept.
I looked at those cases at Scheel's the other day. It's a very nice case. If it had been out when I bought my SKB I-series, I would have bought one of those instead. The SKB I have is really nice, but it's heavy and a little overkill for just transporting my bow to and from the range.

·
Registered
24,094 Posts
I looked at those cases at Scheel's the other day. It's a very nice case. If it had been out when I bought my SKB I-series, I would have bought one of those instead. The SKB I have is really nice, but it's heavy and a little overkill for just transporting my bow to and from the range.
Good to hear. I haven't seen one "in the flesh" yet and selected it based on photos, the specs and description on Plano's website. Once it arrives and I get a chance to test it out, I will report back on my observations. Since it is a gift, it is undoubtedly better than my Game Plan soft case for protecting my Prime during hunting transport. I just hate when something gets stacked on top of my bow.......:awkward:

·
Registered
24,094 Posts
Of late, I have not been able to get photos to download on AT. If someone can offer a solution, I have a photo of my Centroid on my desktop in the new Plano Parallel bow case for your viewing pleasure.

·
Registered
239 Posts
If you have a photobucket account you can upload it there and post it here with the IMG tags. Or if you want you can email it to me and I'll do it for you through my photobucket account.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Here are Alaska at heart's pics

·
Registered
24,094 Posts
Thanks again, David. The Plano Parallel case took about 25-30 minutes to set up because the straps and pillars come loose in order for the buyer to customize it for their particular bow. The whole job is accomplished with a simple Phillips screw driver and requires you to lay your bow in the bottom without the padding to set the lower and upper support pillars in place. Then you custom lay out the Velcro straps for the configuration of your bow. The last step is replacing the foam padding and getting things arranged with the cutouts. If you look closely at the photo of my Centroid, you will see how simple and ingenious the design is.........I like it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts