Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shooting a RazorTec set at 63 lbs shooting carbon excel 400's and no matter what I do I cannot get them to paper tune. I get a hard left tear. They group well out to 60 yards but I can see may arrows spin weird. Could this be an equipment problem or or a form problem? Some say as long as they group your ok, but I don't like seeing my arrows fly erraticly. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

·
washed up wannabe
12,236 Posts
It'd be nice to have a complete list of your setup.

However, 99% of the time I can't get a bow to tune it's related to arrow contact with the rest.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Here is a list of common ones:

-fletch contact
-grip torque
-incorrect spine (run archers advantage)
(or raise/lower poundage)
-cams out of sync (twist cables)(sync
cams AT full draw)
-release torque
You have probably moved center shot, so I did not put that one the list. In my experience, a long draw length and form issues may also cause torque. Hence, is may not be an equipment related issue. Experiement. Hope this helps

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the help. My complete set up is a Hoyt RazorTec set at 63 lbs shooting Easton carbon excel 400s 8.1 grains per inch at 27 1/4" without tips and nocks. Trophy taker shakey hunter rest 28 inch draw length.Carter one shot release. I have tried different grips to see if it may be torque, same result. My draw length may be a touch long for extra speed:rolleyes: So I'll shorten it up and give it a try. I do not understand spine, and how to determine which arrows are correct for my set up could someone explain this to me? Thanks again.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I shoot basicly the same setup. RazorTec at 65lbs, 28 inch ICS400 with 100gr point. 29 inch draw.

You are at the limit as far as spine goes with the epic if you are shooting a 100 grain point.

The Epic is a little weaker than the ICS, I have 2 dozen Epics leaning in the corner because of that.

I bought the 400's based on Easton's advice, I was shooting 340's but just had to tinker and called them for advice.

As soon as these are gone it's back to the 340 ICS for me.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am looking at Easton Redline 410 shafts would these be a good choice of arrow for my setup?

·
washed up wannabe
12,236 Posts
Redline 410's are usually on par with ICS340's.

Back to the draw length thing. I had TERRIBLE problems getting good tune with a draw length that was only 1/2" too long.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I tried different grips and draw lengths with the same result. I decided to try my Carter Insatiable and now I get bullet holes through paper. But the problem is I prefer to use a wrist strap release for hunting. So now that I determined that the problem is release torque how do I go about fixing this? Thanks for being so patient with me.

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
Do you shot the one shot straight off the string? Try using a string loop instead if you do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts