Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
I would love to see somebody come up with one like the black diamond Vario with quick connect leg straps and weight-rated D loops on the hips.
I installed the D loops and with the retainers removed on the leg buckles they are easy to pop on and off. The downside is it’s kind of a mess with the loose straps and buckles. After a bit I returned the buckles back to where they stay attached, it’s much easier and faster on and off.

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
If anyone were to fall and get hurt they would be sued into prison. Rock climbing harnesses aren't designed for fall protection, they're designed for supporting someone as they're climbing. If OSHA won't approve a waist only fall protection harness, no one can take the risk selling one for tree stand fall protection.
Have you ever watched rock climbers climb and how many times they fall, they are surely designed for repeated falls.

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
People have actually died from suspension trama in full body harnesses, articles have been posted here a few years ago and there was a death a couple of years ago in my area. I never heard of anyone being sued. A full body harness can be a deadly choice if you pass out and fall or fall and hit your head.
I‘m not going through the pros and cons of both, we do this a few times a year.

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
Being it’s a “bet your life on it” decision you owe it to yourself to test hang in each while keeping in mind you will need to self rescue in the harness with heavy clothing and boots.
I think the most important decision you could make is purchasing a Treestand Wingman, check out their videos.

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
If
I’m thinking on buying a saddle just for the linesman loops, maybe Tethrd or Flat branch ,
If your using it as a saddle that’s fine but using it as a harness and sitting on a seat with it on may be uncomfortable.

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
I hunted from a tetherd harness this fall and have never been more comfortable. It is much more comfortable than a black diamond vario harness i hunted from for several seasons. Has linemans loops and used them several times hanging sticks and a stand. I simply tied an over hand knot in the bridge and attached to the tree the same as i have for years. You can also take a leak much easier in the saddle harness.
I’m not sure what you mean by more comfortable, once I have the Vario Speed harness on I don’t even know it’s on. I’ve never had an issue peeing out of one either.
I have never had a saddle on so I know nothing about them. I always wondered about if people can pee out of a saddle though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts