Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone hunted the Harpole's Heartland Lodge in Pike Co,IL. Any comments good, bad or indifferent. I need some info before I drop any serious cash.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Never was there, but spent alot of time with them at a local sportsman show. It depends on what your looking for. It's almost like a retreat for a husband and wife, very nice and alot of ammenities. But for a reg. guided hunt, it sure is expensive, and I don't think you will really ever get to enjoy everything cause you will be hunting all the time. The family who run it are very nice and are humble people. Very expensive though.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone Else???

Any other takers for comments on Harpole's Heartland Lodge in Pike Co, IL. Good bad or indifferent??

·
74,535 Posts
My hunting partners have hunted there

Lots of wine and dine you. Good first class living and food. Treat you like royalty.

One thing to consider is the guides has customers signed up ever week going in and out.

My buddy had one shot in two trips(missed) Must shoot a 130class or better. They bow hunted. Thats three guys twice and one buck.

I think you can find better success rate places. Believe there cost was $2500.00

Be glad to give you my buddys phone number if you would like to talk to him. You can contact by email as well.
He will give you the truth.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hunted there 2 years ago, the week after Thanksgiving. Great food and beautiful lodge. The guides work really hard. The only draw back was that the camp is very busy. They have deer, duck and upland bird hunters there at the same time. I felt a little lost in the crowd. The place seems better suited to large corporate get-a-ways. PM me if you want any details.

I'm spending my $$$ with a different outfitter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts