Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I recently gained access to some private land in Harrison county, outside Cadiz Ohio. Ill be heading down whitetail hunting in the fall was just curious as to what caliber of bucks can be expected in this area or if anyone was familiar with hunting this area in general. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Your a lucky guy. I've hunted in Ohio the last 15yrs and I would call Harrison county the best kept secret in Ohio. Big Deer and hi deer#'s.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
A friend of mine shot the last deer in Harrison county last year. Or, no deer left due to high bag limits and crossbow hunters.
All kidding aside, you will be in an area that anything can step out in front of you so stay ready.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Be in the stand the first 2 weeks of November and keep your head on a swivel. You never know what will step into range. I've killed 2 of my best ever on the 5th of November two years in a row.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Had a great lease right outside of Cadiz for several years, great place to hunt. Lots of deer and some big ones too. Halloween... be in a stand on Halloween. 3 years in a row, saw a big buck (150+) on October 31... well, I saw one 2 years in a row. Had plans to be in that stand the 3rd year but my vacation got cancelled due to Super Storm Sandy. Of course, when I went back later in November and pulled the card from the cam at that stand, a 160ish 10 point walked by the stand at 10 yards, at 3:10 pm, on October 31.

Cadiz isn't a big town, but the hardware store next to Dollar General right off 22 has everything you need for hunting, as long as all you need is a license and tag. :wink:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Had a great lease right outside of Cadiz for several years, great place to hunt. Lots of deer and some big ones too. Halloween... be in a stand on Halloween. 3 years in a row, saw a big buck (150+) on October 31... well, I saw one 2 years in a row. Had plans to be in that stand the 3rd year but my vacation got cancelled due to Super Storm Sandy. Of course, when I went back later in November and pulled the card from the cam at that stand, a 160ish 10 point walked by the stand at 10 yards, at 3:10 pm, on October 31.

Cadiz isn't a big town, but the hardware store next to Dollar General right off 22 has everything you need for hunting, as long as all you need is a license and tag. :wink:
Tractor Supply right up the street now as well.

If you are looking for good food, Pegs Place on 250 has great breakfast/lunch. Timis Cafe near the Court House is good as well.
Di Angelo's Pizza is a good place for cold one & pizza/pasta

Deer numbers were down last few years, just like most areas in Ohio. Still lots of great opportuniites in this area.
Have not heard how Tappan public area has been last few years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts