Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a G5 Expert II rest for my Daughters Hoyt Ruckus I havent recieved it yet, but I was wanting to know if any one dislikes it or has any info on it

·
Just thwackin' it.
6,973 Posts
I have. While I did like it for the most part, it's a balancing act trying to get the arrow to stay put on the shelf in the right place before the rest is raised.

My only true complaint is the horizontal adjustment function is garbage. In pics it looks like the wheel rolls, it's supposed to be still, but it screws in/out on a bolt for horizontal adjustment and a set screw holds it in place. I ended up breaking the rubber arrow wheel on mine while I was in Afghanistan, and couldn't find a way to get a replacement shipped to me.

It's a great rest when you get it set. Total clearance (doesn't fall on the shelf). I picked up a LD Pro-V and like it a lot better... easier to tune, full containment, still great clearance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I picked it up on Ebay cheap so I might put it away and get her something else. She is using it in ASA shoots

·
Archery Addict
9,167 Posts
Use an arrow holder on the shelf to hold the arrow in place. It works great. It will hold the arrow until you draw to shoot, and if you let down, the arrow returns to the arrow holder. I've used one for several years and it been flawless. It is super quiet and falls every time. It is one of my favorite non full containment rests.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I am wanting to switch to one of these for hunting purposes as well but I have been concerned about the arrow falling off the rest in extra windy conditions. Any thoughts on this issue ?

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I have. While I did like it for the most part, it's a balancing act trying to get the arrow to stay put on the shelf in the right place before the rest is raised.

My only true complaint is the horizontal adjustment function is garbage. In pics it looks like the wheel rolls, it's supposed to be still, but it screws in/out on a bolt for horizontal adjustment and a set screw holds it in place. I ended up breaking the rubber arrow wheel on mine while I was in Afghanistan, and couldn't find a way to get a replacement shipped to me.

It's a great rest when you get it set. Total clearance (doesn't fall on the shelf). I picked up a LD Pro-V and like it a lot better... easier to tune, full containment, still great clearance.
Yup. What he said. I traded mine on here for a Trophy Taker. Much better rest, IMO.

·
32,589 Posts
I had a G5 Expert Pro on my PURE and it worked fine. Never had a problem at all with it. Unlike the Limbdrivers I had......

·
Archery Addict
9,167 Posts
You can nearly hold the bow sideways without the arrow falling off the launchers. Unless you are overbowed and can't control your draw, or have severe nock pinch, you will have no problems with it staying on the launchers. I've hunted with the Expert II and the Expert Pro and never had an issue with either one. They stayed on the bows when I sold them, or else I would still be using one of them. I now have a Code Red, QAD, and Trophy Taker Extreme Pro on my bows. I'm ready to replace the QAD and will either go back with an Expert PRO or Trophy Taker Extreme Pro.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts