Archery Talk Forum banner

Has anyone ever had the urge to...

817 Views 12 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  JLBSparks
Come to full Draw and Shoot an arrow straight up! I have wanted to so many times, I never will because it is way dangerous and not to mention, a waste of money. Just wondering if anyone has ever wanted to do this...
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,284 Posts
i always get the urge but never have. there has been a few on here that have though.

· Registered
4,801 Posts
used to do it all the time when i was a kid. was fun but would not recomend it. at the time was only shooting a 25 pound bow. had a genueiss freind claim he could catch a arrow out of the same bow that did not end well. its amazing we lived this long!

· Registered
14,752 Posts
many times as a kid and a few as an adult ..the most memorable was while we were building a press box at a high school football field,,,lunch time,,50 x100 field,,,shot straight up or at least we thought:eek:,,,went out of sight and we scrambled under the bleachers....arrow came down right in the roof of a small building....summer time and nobody around...i don't recommend doing that,,it gets scary...and yes we fixed the roof

· Registered
261 Posts
did it yesterday lol, I gave in to the urge, put on a homemade lighted nock, and let her fly straight up as I could, I marked where I was standing with a rock and the arrow landed 20 yds away from it ( I ran)...thing had over 7 seconds before it hit the ground...would I do it again? no, the arrow broke when it pummeled into the ground, there goes 6$ (cheap arrow)..

· Registered
2,621 Posts
Used to do it as a kid. We would actually try to see how close we could get the arrow to land to us. If one of my own kids ever tried an idiotic stunt like that I would.............................

· Banned
492 Posts
My son was shooting with a guy from work. The guy says "Look at this." and shoots straight up, the arrow sticking in the ground 12"-14" from this guy's 4yr. old son that was playing in the yard. I call "DOUBLE DUMBASS" to this and any other irresponsible act concerning potentially dangerous equipment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.