Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took the grip off my mathews and i think the best grip that mathews could produce is none. Feels like a PSE with no grip on it.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I have it's a little ruff for me it needs to be smooth out out or something or put some rubber on the sides like the pse

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just wrapped a rubber sims wrap on it and it feels great. Thought about a torquless but i dont know if it would really help. How is the slimfit grip compared to this?

Could someone take a picture of the back of a Slimfit grip and post it? It would be a great help.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
shrewd grip.

although i dont have one, apparently they make them out of Delrin now too!

camoham

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shrewd grip.

although i dont have one, apparently they make them out of Delrin now too!

camoham
is delrin better or just warmer in colder situations?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I like my torqueless low wrist on my monster,very similiar to no grip.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
shot no grip on my monster this year and loved it!

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Just took the grip off my mathews and i think the best grip that mathews could produce is none. Feels like a PSE with no grip on it.
Almost every Pro that shoots them. Probably all now that I think of it.

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
I never shot any of my Mathews with a grip on.

Apex, Apex 7, Prestige, Conquest 4.....:wink:

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
I just sand down the original to a shape that I like, I take the hump off above the index knuckle, and flatten out the sides a bit. Feels better than any of the Aftermarket ones to Me...:wink:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I like my torqueless low wrist on my monster,very similiar to no grip.

:thumbs_up. I use one in my SBXT and love it.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
B-G-K I will tell Jeff Hopkins that he doesnt have man hands for you. Another insightful post. Thanks and have a good tonight.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
I have tried it on my LX but I did not like the angle. So I set about shaping the wooden grip I had taken off. Got it just the way I wanted it narrow and flat at the bottom and slim and rounded at the throat of the grip.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Any of the after market grip will give you a better feel than shooting off the riser. The Mathews riser has sharp edges. If you are trying to eliminate torque, we know that there is really only one way to do it. Put a Death Grip on your bow a forget it. If feels great its warmer than delrin , aluminum or plastic, and eliminates torque completely.

·
Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts
I never shot any of my Mathews with a grip on.

Apex, Apex 7, Prestige, Conquest 4.....:wink:
Hm. I was thinking the same thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
and blake and brock's dad
3,392 Posts
B-G-K I will tell Jeff Hopkins that he doesnt have man hands for you. Another insightful post. Thanks and have a good tonight.
Hell, tell him I said it too. The dreaded mathews grip has never been a prob for me either.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts