Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Shootingairborne
10,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had this Wiseguy for years. I have never touched the screw that adjust the trigger. However today the "HooK" will not stay locked. I pushed the trigger back and tried to reset when I hook it to the D Loop it just pops open.....

I went to Spot Hogg website and tried to use the contact message which didn't work. I've sent an email. Hoping to send it back. Luckily I have another Wiseguy as a back up that I carry in my pack. So its getting so love finely.

Anyone else ever have a problem?:confused:

·
Registered
313 Posts
This happened to me at elk camp last yr mine is 8yrs old I took it apart cleaned and lubed back together problem gone good luck

·
Registered
14,592 Posts
There is a little spring that returns the hook. It can fail as any spring can over time. The failure rate is extremely low on it. Call Spot Hogg, get an RA number, and ship it back to them and they will fix it and make sure it is in perfect working order before shipping it back. Email will work, but phone calls are priority number 1 and will always get you taken care of in a much shorter amount of time.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I had the same problem. Called Spot Hogg to see if it was something I could fix myself, but it was not. Sent it to them and problem solved. They even added a Boa Strap for $10 or $15 can't remember exact cost. Really good customer service.

·
Shootingairborne
10,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a little spring that returns the hook. It can fail as any spring can over time. The failure rate is extremely low on it. Call Spot Hogg, get an RA number, and ship it back to them and they will fix it and make sure it is in perfect working order before shipping it back. Email will work, but phone calls are priority number 1 and will always get you taken care of in a much shorter amount of time.
Thanks.

Just got off of the phone with them. I got the RA#, going to send her in. I have a backup that has very little use. Hahaha not anymore, Imma use her know. LOL

·
Registered
28 Posts
Spot Hogg has great customer service. I had the same problem and sent it in for repairs. They sent me a new release a few days later.

·
Shootingairborne
10,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spot Hogg has great customer service. I had the same problem and sent it in for repairs. They sent me a new release a few days later.
Wow, I hope they can just repair mine. I've rocking the backup I've had for 8 years that I've never really used. It's just been in my bag incase something happened.

·
Shootingairborne
10,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Put it in the mail on the 25th, it was returned today 1 July. Wow that was awesome...

LOL I also received the return email today also saying to call and get a RN. I sent a reply saying I already sent it in and received it.... LOL

Really happy to get it back.

Way to go Spot Hogg.

·
Shootingairborne
10,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had one fail 2 times. Customer service was great but after the 2nd time I got rid of it.
I hope the repair last another 10 years.... LOL

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Question for you, when you mentioned spring it made me think. Mine doesn’t feel like it’s spring loaded, I have to manually push the trigger forward so it locks. Is that how it’s supposed to be or does the spring return the trigger to lock position? I’m not saying you are wrong I’m thinking maybe mine has something wrong with it. Thanks in advance for your time and help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Shootingairborne
10,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Question for you, when you mentioned spring it made me think. Mine doesn’t feel like it’s spring loaded, I have to manually push the trigger forward so it locks. Is that how it’s supposed to be or does the spring return the trigger to lock position? I’m not saying you are wrong I’m thinking maybe mine has something wrong with it. Thanks in advance for your time and help

Both of mine have to be pushed forward to reset. However on the parts list it did mention replacing a spring.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yes,,, just bough it had it for a few weeks,,, would not hold string back during draw would just fire arrow less then half way through draw... called spot Hogg talked to a very nice lady she said just send it to them,,, did not ask how old or where I bought it just send it back.. got it back in a little over a week no charge works perfect ,,, did not say what they did,,, looks like it was completely rebuilt, works perfect...

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
^^^^exactly what was happening to me. 1st time fixed and sent back. Less than 10 weeks later, same thing. So, fixed and then ditched.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Both of mine have to be pushed forward to reset. However on the parts list it did mention replacing a spring.
Ok good I just wanted to make sure cause I got mine off of amazon. Still paid $140 but would have been upset if it wasn’t working like it should. Thanks for letting me know.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I just bought my sons Wiseguy this morning because he stopped shooting and I need a back up to my own Wiseguy. Mine is about 5 years old, and although it is much more comfortable to shoot since I straightened out the trigger, it also makes me wonder if I somehow weakened something in it.

I got a great deal on his since it's a lefty:wink: Don't worry he got some much needed cash and at seventeen and w/ a jeep I doubt he'll ever need this thing back..

·
Shootingairborne
10,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
knock on wood mine is doing great again

1 - 18 of 18 Posts