Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the staement on their web site? Sent emails and left messages by phone? Talked to my rep too? Does anyone have a straight answer? What's happening? Are we all going to be changing shafts?

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
You'll have to ask your question in spanish before Gold Tip can answer! My shop will be changing!

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
GT/Blackhawk

Not sure what's going on with them but I know my local shop has carried Blackhawk Vapor carbons for years but this year he hasnt been able to get them so he said he was tired of messing with them and was going back to Easton....I dont blame him one bit for the switch either.
It's a shame cause GT/Blackhawk were a great company but it looks like they are in serious trouble.

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
Gold tip is shipping arrows every day. I talked with their rep and they confirm that they're running 6-7 weeks behind. They claim that the move plus the fact that sales went up 70% world wide has put them behind. At least thats the excuse I was given. Bottom line--- me thinks that the move to Mexico was not a well planned or thought out operation.:eek: Someone screwed the pooch and now they're running way behind. The distribtor that I get arrows from said that they are receiving arrows from them but not enough to even cover the back orders and the waiting line is 2 months long.:sad: And yes, Gold tip did buy out BlackHawk two years ago and the waiting time for them is about the same. Sorry, but I'm marking several arrow manufactures off my list. If its not made in the USA--- well, I can do without them. That leaves out a whole lot---- but I dont' care.:darkbeer: :darkbeer:

·
Bow Huntin' pure-n-simple
4,922 Posts
Ummm I along with quite a few others, just bought a dozen from a local store and they still have plenty on the shelf ?? Both xt hunters and pro in all 3 sizes.Did notice they were all black though, no camo.Took about 2 weeks from the time they called their rep til they hit the shelf and they are just as good as last years arrows.I know cause I compare them every day out on the target.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I’m sorry I just have to laugh every time I read one of these threads…

I ordered 2 dozen 30X pros Wednesday, September 6, 2006 they are on the UPS truck for deliver today… Gold Tip is not out of business and only a small portion of their manufacturing process (rolling) is done in Mexico and their arrows are as good as ever if not better.

And for those who shout I’ll only buy American….. Look around you… about the only thing still being made completely in the USA is ….. well I can’t think of much maybe Mcdonald’s hamburgers… I know darn well the computer you’re typing on isn’t, nor your TV, automobile and probably not your underwear…

Heck your kids have to have pictures to ring up the fast food their serving and can't make change without a cash register display or tell time on an analog watch... no wonder the manufacturers are leaving this country... even the trade schools and colleges are filled with foreign students. And our government is making it worse by supporting lazy, good for nothing slobs who won’t fill the jobs because they can make more laying on their fat butts and collecting welfare…

The reason the USA is flooded with illegal immigrants is simple, they want to work and will fill the jobs Americans are too lazy and proud to fill…

Want to stop the flow of illegal aliens and manufacturing jobs… cut off the welfare to lazy good for nothing crap and it’ll stop cold…

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
JAVI said:

I ordered 2 dozen 30X pros Wednesday, September 6, 2006 they are on the UPS truck for deliver today… Gold Tip is not out of business and only a small portion of their manufacturing process (rolling) is done in Mexico and their arrows are as good as ever if not better.

And for those who shout I’ll only buy American….. Look around you… about the only thing still being made completely in the USA is ….. well I can’t think of much maybe Mcdonald’s hamburgers… I know darn well the computer you’re typing on isn’t, nor your TV, automobile and probably not your underwear…

Heck your kids have to have pictures to ring up the fast food their serving and can't make change without a cash register display or tell time on an analog watch... no wonder the manufacturers are leaving this country... even the trade schools and colleges are filled with foreign students. And our government is making it worse by supporting lazy, good for nothing slobs who won’t fill the jobs because they can make more laying on their fat butts and collecting welfare…

The reason the USA is flooded with illegal immigrants is simple, they want to work and will fill the jobs Americans are too lazy and proud to fill…

Want to stop the flow of illegal aliens and manufacturing jobs… cut off the welfare to lazy good for nothing crap and it’ll stop cold…
Javi, you are a wise man :) I agree 100 %

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
JAVI said:

QUOTE]

Javi, you are GT staff, aren't you? I would think you would have little trouble getting arrows if you are. Call Huntersfriend or Lancaster Archery and ask how their supply has been this year. GT makes great arrows, but they had some big problems. I had a dozen this year that were totally worthless. More than half were defective. There were QC problems, that is wothout question. There were serious supply problems that went way beyond "increased demand", and that is also without question. It is also without question that denial after denial by their staff that there have been these problems does not reflect well on their company. Since I experienced both myself (lack of supply, and then major QC problems), and I don't think my case is isolated based on what I have seen and heard I think they should address it in a more straightforward manner.

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
stehawk said:
Gold tip is shipping arrows every day. I talked with their rep and they confirm that they're running 6-7 weeks behind. They claim that the move plus the fact that sales went up 70% world wide has put them behind. At least thats the excuse I was given. Bottom line--- me thinks that the move to Mexico was not a well planned or thought out operation.:eek: Someone screwed the pooch and now they're running way behind. The distribtor that I get arrows from said that they are receiving arrows from them but not enough to even cover the back orders and the waiting line is 2 months long.:sad: And yes, Gold tip did buy out BlackHawk two years ago and the waiting time for them is about the same. Sorry, but I'm marking several arrow manufactures off my list. If its not made in the USA--- well, I can do without them. That leaves out a whole lot---- but I dont' care.:darkbeer: :darkbeer:

Ohhh well, I guess gold tip is the greatest thing since sliced bread:rolleyes: Anyway, their small portion of manufacturing now being done in Mexico shouldn't have shut them down completely for 3 weeks.:eek: Poorly planned operation--- nuff said because they're still running behind.:confused: :wink:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Luckie said:
Word is they are no more. Just what I've heard.
They still answer the phone...talked with them last week.
Nothing exciting other than they are way behind.
How as an arrow company when that is all that you do can you not beef up production before September gets here???
Nice Job Gold Tip, that is why I shoot Carbon Express. They are more expensive but I can get them when I want them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
GT has been produced in Mexico for longer than you may think. They didn't just move there, as they have 'farmed' out production for a long time. The arrows are made to their specs for GT but not by GT. Gt is actually in arrears with the U.S. gov. because they have not paid the excise [sp] taxes. All manufacturers of sporting goods must pay this tax. I hope this company can survive as many jobs could be lost.

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
Jacko said:
I've read the staement on their web site? Sent emails and left messages by phone? Talked to my rep too? Does anyone have a straight answer? What's happening? Are we all going to be changing shafts?
I talked to the marketing chick (Mrs. Broadhead) and she merely referred me to the site's news about the factory being down or whatevah. I really like the arrows for my CSS bow but GT is in danger of losing me as a semi-pro staffer if they don't get the two dozen 5575s shipped to my house before hunting season starts, cause if they don't, I will be shooting the Easton Carbon Excel 400s, I've already picked them out.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
LeesburgGamecoc said:
Javi, you are GT staff, aren't you? I would think you would have little trouble getting arrows if you are. Call Huntersfriend or Lancaster Archery and ask how their supply has been this year. GT makes great arrows, but they had some big problems. I had a dozen this year that were totally worthless. More than half were defective. There were QC problems, that is wothout question. There were serious supply problems that went way beyond "increased demand", and that is also without question. It is also without question that denial after denial by their staff that there have been these problems does not reflect well on their company. Since I experienced both myself (lack of supply, and then major QC problems), and I don't think my case is isolated based on what I have seen and heard I think they should address it in a more straightforward manner.
Actually I have resigned from all staff positions; since due to health reasons I'm unable to compete at this time. However, I did order these direct from Gold Tip.

I am well aware of the shortages and manufacturing issues. But I do occasionally speak to Gold Tip management, and see no reason to lie about the situation. They have had problems with expansion and equipment breakdowns. The root cause of the problem is an increase in demand that was unforeseen; something along the lines of 70%. I am an engineer in a manufacturing plant and I can assure you that kind of unforeseen demand can cause havoc in your planning. Throw in the move of the rolling division and you have a recipe for chaos. Couple that with the carbon shortage due to the war and it only gets worse. Sure other manufacturers are keeping up; but their capacity is much greater than what is available to Gold Tip at this time. Which is the reason for the expansion in the first place. But like a lot of forward looking plans this one is falling short and they are scrambling to catch up.

As for quality control issues, like you I can only speak from experience. And my experiences have all been good. I have no idea what to say to those who have had problems; although I do know that Gold Tip will stand behind their product. I can’t speak from personal experience on this because I have not had a single issue where I needed their warranty. But I have seen it reported here that they replaced defective shafts and I have spoken to Tim Gillingham many times in conversation about some of the issues that have been reported on AT.

Now is my lack of problems directly related to the fact that I buy my arrows directly from Gold Tip and not through a distributor; I can’t really say… But since they are pulled from the same warehouse it would seem that I’m either one lucky SOB or you’re one unlucky dude… because like I said… I haven’t had a single problem except having to wait 6 weeks for some X-Cutters earlier in the year..

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Gt is actually in arrears with the U.S. gov. because they have not paid the excise [sp] taxes.
Pretty serious accusation- especially from a poster completely with a completely anonymous profile.

Post your proof to have any credibility at all.

Steve

·
Banned
4,365 Posts
JAVI said:

Great Post.:clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
369 Posts
[/QUOTE]Heck your kids have to have pictures to ring up the fast food their serving and can't make change without a cash register display or tell time on an analog watch... no wonder the manufacturers are leaving this country... even the trade schools and colleges are filled with foreign students. And our government is making it worse by supporting lazy, good for nothing slobs who won’t fill the jobs because they can make more laying on their fat butts and collecting welfare…
Want to stop the flow of illegal aliens and manufacturing jobs… cut off the welfare to lazy good for nothing crap and it’ll stop cold…[/QUOTE]

Most manufacturers are leaving because they are greedy! My husband IS NOT LAZY and can't compete with 20 mexicans living in one house and eating vienna sausages! He wants a little more for his family! They have a poor standard of living that's why they can undercut my husband's bids and still send money to Mexico! The poor standard of living is prevalent in Mexico, that's why they are leaving. And it will spill over into the USA when we are taking care of all of them. Want to know why you are paying so many taxes? You are taking care of them because most of them are able to have medical assistance and food stamps because they are getting paid so little! Please don't generalize the problem!

And this is not speaking of Gold Tip...just our experience with carpentry work. My Gold Tips have been on time and of the same quality as ever! Won ASA Classic with good old # 14! But I shoot 3555's. No problem with Junior's Pro's either.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Gold Tip Arrows

Javi,
I purchase my arrows from a archery pro shop, not directly as do you, so my perspective is a little different.
Our shop is recieving GT arrows on a weekly basis. Last week our arrow order weighed 40 lbs, so it was a bundle of arrows. We have not experienced any quality issues, just a backorder situation. I am dissapointed about the pro series, but fully understand the position of GT.
GT arrows are great products. The problem is as Javi explained, a rush of new business during a modification of the production process.
I feel that GT is doing the best that can be done to overcome a enigma that was unforseen. As for your observations about the lazy workforce, I agree 100%.

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
JAVI said:

I haven't had a problem getting them but their quality has been far from "as good as ever", and there customer service blows. I will be shooting something else next year.

Ben

1 - 20 of 84 Posts