Archery Talk Forum banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts
crash_gsxr750 said:
Boy you judge quick and dont even know me, thats ignorance
I am truly sorry crash. Typing error only. I meant to insert question marks after those statements...as to ask if that was what you were agreeing to. I am sure your kids will grow up to be very smart kids educated in the USA! And Congrats on the upcoming addition. We do have many generations of intelligent kids coming up through schools.

And I DO hope the snowplows come and dig you and your wife and (one day) baby, out wherever you are. I'm all about helping each other. Even the people in neighboring countries when they also do their part!

And I am not being judgmental about any of this only trying to get people to quit judging all American people by one point of view!

I wasn't directly talking to you crash when I made the statement about moving overseas. Just meant anyone in General... But as I read it back it did appear that way. Sorry again!

About New Orleans-don't know why anyone would want to live there anyway! And personally I don't see at this point why they would build it back. Knowing that it has this problem. But culture runs deep there and it is a major Port City. So they probably will. I don't think many of the people will return. The rest of the US inherited them.

JawsDad said:
Sorry for the rant, how this associates to Goldtip? :noidea: I just get worked up when I hear everything blamed on corporate greed while ignoring the concept of the immense greed in the American workforce..
The thought was originally that Gold Tip moved to Mexico because of greed… from there it deteriorated to this….

Im a big suporter of Goldtips

Both shops here in my hometown are not getting orders and arrows.

They cant wait 6 weeks with hunting season.

I really dont know what to tell them. I do my best to get them in here and now they cant get them. :rolleyes:

Sure would like to hear them post here. Lots of rumors floating around my town :rolleyes:

JAVI said:
The thought was originally that Gold Tip moved to Mexico because of greed… from there it deteriorated to this….
Sorry JAVI...noone ever said that Gold Tip moved because of greed. It was the insult to American workers and their children being lumped as lazy and ungrateful that I opposed!

"Heck your kids have to have pictures to ring up the fast food their serving and can't make change without a cash register display or tell time on an analog watch... no wonder the manufacturers are leaving this country... even the trade schools and colleges are filled with foreign students. And our government is making it worse by supporting lazy, good for nothing slobs who won’t fill the jobs because they can make more laying on their fat butts and collecting welfare…"

I love my American neighbors and I love my Gold Tip arrows! And I am trying to see if anyone else loves other Americans as much as they do Mexicans!

Jolynn Jones said:
And I am trying to see if anyone else loves other Americans as much as they do Mexicans!

Believe me, I am doing everything I can to hold the few jobs I have control of for American citizens.

I work in computer software and network engineering so the flow of these jobs out of the country has been more than light speed over the past 10 years.. Couple that with the fact that the CFO of my company is from India, the senior accountant is from India and the software support comes from Canada. Everytime we have a programming or computer related job come open I hear from my CFO about a buddy of his that's wanting an H1B so he can catch the next shuttle.

Our CFO is going back to India next week and I guarantee I'll get a call or two everday telling me about someone else he'd like for us to hire..

But, with all that said, at the end of the day. If I have a job that pays $45k a year and I cannot find anyone qualified to take it in that range, but there are a billion Indians that are qualified and will take the job for 5-10k less.. It's hard to hold off the barbarians at the gate.. :noidea:

Jolynn Jones said:
Sorry JAVI...noone ever said that Gold Tip moved because of greed. It was the insult to American workers and their children being lumped as lazy and ungrateful that I opposed!

"Heck your kids have to have pictures to ring up the fast food their serving and can't make change without a cash register display or tell time on an analog watch... no wonder the manufacturers are leaving this country... even the trade schools and colleges are filled with foreign students. And our government is making it worse by supporting lazy, good for nothing slobs who won’t fill the jobs because they can make more laying on their fat butts and collecting welfare…"

I love my American neighbors and I love my Gold Tip arrows! And I am trying to see if anyone else loves other Americans as much as they do Mexicans!
Sorry there Jolynn…

This is the post I responded to…
stehawk said:
Gold tip is shipping arrows every day. I talked with their rep and they confirm that they're running 6-7 weeks behind. They claim that the move plus the fact that sales went up 70% world wide has put them behind. At least thats the excuse I was given. Bottom line--- me thinks that the move to Mexico was not a well planned or thought out operation.:eek: Someone screwed the pooch and now they're running way behind. The distribtor that I get arrows from said that they are receiving arrows from them but not enough to even cover the back orders and the waiting line is 2 months long.:sad: And yes, Gold tip did buy out BlackHawk two years ago and the waiting time for them is about the same. Sorry, but I'm marking several arrow manufactures off my list. If its not made in the USA--- well, I can do without them. That leaves out a whole lot---- but I dont' care.:darkbeer: :darkbeer:

and I guess you're correct it was you that said greed was the cause of many companies fleeing the USA.

And I’m glad to hear that your kids can indeed read, write, and count backwards but have you paid attention when shopping… want a real show…. The next several times you buy a burger; indicate you are going to pay with let’s say a $10 bill then change to another denomination after they ring up the sale and watch the dumbfounded look of terror on the kids face…

I sit here right now with a product of the education system who claims to be a draftsman/engineer and he cannot do a simple trigonometry equation. Got him a 2 year degree from a top technical college and makes more money than me… won’t work Saturdays even when needed… his response is “I have a life outside of here”…. Now I’d love to have Saturdays off but I can’t afford it because I paid for him to go to that top technical school with my taxes…

As for lazy… yep that’s what I call anyone who would rather sit on their butt than work even if the work is not what they’re trained for… I’ve delivered pizzas, been a night watchman, and many other things as a second and even third job to make ends meet when my children were growing up… but no matter how far down I was… not once did I ask the government for help… I just found another way to get what the family needed… So yep… lazy is what I call it…

And yes many of my friends are of Mexican heritage… and I’d rather have a hard working Mexican beside me than a whining crybaby of any race who thinks they are too good for the work…

I think if we got the EPA, OSHA, and the rest of the federal govt. off our business's backs along with a little tort reform for the trial lawyers, we could be a lot more competitive with manufacturing here. There's certain things such as clothing and textiles that'll probably never be made in this country again in any kind of large quantities, though.

Just my 2 cents.

41mag said:
I think if we got the EPA, OSHA, and the rest of the federal govt. off our business's backs along with a little tort reform for the trial lawyers, we could be a lot more competitive with manufacturing here. There's certain things such as clothing and textiles that'll probably never be made in this country again in any kind of large quantities, though.

Just my 2 cents.

Bingo!

Didn't all of the archery manu's that left to go overseas only do so after the new exise tax was put in place?

JAVI said:
I’m sorry I just have to laugh every time I read one of these threads…

I ordered 2 dozen 30X pros Wednesday, September 6, 2006 they are on the UPS truck for deliver today… Gold Tip is not out of business and only a small portion of their manufacturing process (rolling) is done in Mexico and their arrows are as good as ever if not better.

And for those who shout I’ll only buy American….. Look around you… about the only thing still being made completely in the USA is ….. well I can’t think of much maybe Mcdonald’s hamburgers… I know darn well the computer you’re typing on isn’t, nor your TV, automobile and probably not your underwear…

Heck your kids have to have pictures to ring up the fast food their serving and can't make change without a cash register display or tell time on an analog watch... no wonder the manufacturers are leaving this country... even the trade schools and colleges are filled with foreign students. And our government is making it worse by supporting lazy, good for nothing slobs who won’t fill the jobs because they can make more laying on their fat butts and collecting welfare…

The reason the USA is flooded with illegal immigrants is simple, they want to work and will fill the jobs Americans are too lazy and proud to fill…

Want to stop the flow of illegal aliens and manufacturing jobs… cut off the welfare to lazy good for nothing crap and it’ll stop cold…

Thanks Javi! I think the same when our troops are fighting together with USA troops and hungarian citizens must wait almost one year for US visa. So are we friends or not?

JAVI said:
As for lazy… yep that’s what I call anyone who would rather sit on their butt than work even if the work is not what they’re trained for… I’ve delivered pizzas, been a night watchman, and many other things as a second and even third job to make ends meet when my children were growing up… but no matter how far down I was… not once did I ask the government for help… I just found another way to get what the family needed… So yep… lazy is what I call it…

And yes many of my friends are of Mexican heritage… and I’d rather have a hard working Mexican beside me than a whining crybaby of any race who thinks they are too good for the work…
I dont care what color you are do you know how to work and not complain?

I worked for an excavating company to pay my way through school and at times would end up fixing (because our crane operator had the touch of a gorilla) LIVE septic lines (nothing like trying to hook up a fitting or two when a brown trout comes swimin by) i didnt care at the time i needed the job.

and again i agree with JAVI

o and Gold tip makes some fine arrows, i might switch back (since now i dont hit my concrete wall as much :D )

JAVI said:
Sorry there Jolynn…

This is the post I responded to…

and I guess you're correct it was you that said greed was the cause of many companies fleeing the USA.

And I’m glad to hear that your kids can indeed read, write, and count backwards but have you paid attention when shopping… want a real show…. The next several times you buy a burger; indicate you are going to pay with let’s say a $10 bill then change to another denomination after they ring up the sale and watch the dumbfounded look of terror on the kids face…

I sit here right now with a product of the education system who claims to be a draftsman/engineer and he cannot do a simple trigonometry equation. Got him a 2 year degree from a top technical college and makes more money than me… won’t work Saturdays even when needed… his response is “I have a life outside of here”…. Now I’d love to have Saturdays off but I can’t afford it because I paid for him to go to that top technical school with my taxes…

Well respond as you wish--- I'm going to buy made in the USA as much as possible.:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: I can live without GT just as well as I can with them.:wink: Semper Fi, Steve.

Ohh I wanted to add----- Javi, you must be lucky because nobody else is getting arrows shipped as fast as you.

stehawk said:
Well respond as you wish--- I'm going to buy made in the USA as much as possible.:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: I can live without GT just as well as I can with them.:wink: Semper Fi, Steve.

Ohh I wanted to add----- Javi, you must be lucky because nobody else is getting arrows shipped as fast as you.
Thanks.... I did....:wink:

Not using Gold Tip arrows is a choice to which we are all entitled; as is buying only products made entirely in the USA.

But I doubt the real reason you choose to stop using Gold Tip has anything to do with their operation being moved to Mexico. If it does then I salute you and wish you luck with buying and using goods that are 100% made in the USA. Because in all probability the aluminum in your bow is of Canadian origin. And I doubt that 10% of the products you use on an everyday basis are 100% USA made.

And yep I got lucky... they had 30Xs in stock....

centerx said:
I don't exactly think it was built that way. I believe erosion has something to do with it. And the people born there didn't build it anyway. Next time you are neck deep in snow-don't let the city (or state) send out snow plows to dig you out 'cause by the way-if you live in a place where it snows deep you got what's coming' to ya'

Why not ??

At the turn of the 1900's Galveston Tx was the Biggest city in the gulf region, wealthy , upscale , prosperous . After a hurricane ( forgot the name) ripped through the area killing thousands and devastating the city many if not most if it's inhabitants relocated to a little city at the time named Houston as it was further inland and less prone to the devastation that Galveston just witnessed

Seems to me if they had the common since 100 years ago some can be learned in comparison now. If you live were it snows deep you are prepared to move it when it happens. If you live in a place were water and wind will rip down your homes and then flood the debris you also need to be proactive in preparing. There not like Tornados with a few miles of extreme destruction . They are 100 mile wide paths of extreme damage in some cases

Of Course New Orleans needs to be taken care of but if it is not better prepared to help aid off another incident with better flood control and building codes then it should handled accordingly. Let's face it 5 years from now that area will still be recoveing and if it happened again to such a scale.

well said.......

I just hope we don't see the same thing happen again at least in my lifetime........

Daniel Boone said:
Both shops here in my hometown are not getting orders and arrows.

They cant wait 6 weeks with hunting season.

I really dont know what to tell them. I do my best to get them in here and now they cant get them. :rolleyes:

Sure would like to hear them post here. Lots of rumors floating around my town :rolleyes:
They have posted here, but with the thread of the day regarding Gold Tip, it would be a waste of time that they do not have enough of to begin with to respond every single day. That might be the longest sentence ever typed.

The fact is, they are behind. They are doing their best, but with the recent need to switch suppliers in Mexico, it will take some time to catch up. I have shot their arrows for six years now and have been very happy with them. So, I will wait. I have every confidence that they will get things straightened out soon and will be back on top in no time.

JAVI said:
Thanks.... I did....:wink:

Not using Gold Tip arrows is a choice to which we are all entitled; as is buying only products made entirely in the USA.

But I doubt the real reason you choose to stop using Gold Tip has anything to do with their operation being moved to Mexico. If it does then I salute you and wish you luck with buying and using goods that are 100% made in the USA. Because in all probability the aluminum in your bow is of Canadian origin. And I doubt that 10% of the products you use on an everyday basis are 100% USA made.

And yep I got lucky... they had 30Xs in stock....

:thumb: Thanks, and yep -- as long as its got made in U.S.A. stamped on it that will be OK.:wink: :) :darkbeer: Nonetheless, I know the points you were making and they're valid. Semper Fi, Steve.:usa2: :usa: :usa2:

What I don't get is why move any of the operation to Mexico when we have millions of Mexicans right here in the good ole USA? I would say whoever the geniuses were who planned the transition to the Mexican plant and did the sales forecast for 2006 should be fired along with the bonehead that thought it was a good idea to move some of the operations to Mexico. I'm tired of excuses....waiter check please.

yes sir... I asked about GT UL pro 22's for lighter draws and got a detailed answer in 2 days. I have never, and still do not have an issue... and I am a nobody.

I read all the threads here and got worried, but as you can see there was no reason to worry.

I just have not had an issue.

True Story

OK I'm as pro American as can be. I work in the railroad const and maintence business as a regional operations mgr so I'm responsible for recruiting new laborers and operators.It is very physically demanding,hot,cold,rain, snow,long days on the tracks working far from home.I will give anyone a chance,black, white ,puple martian whoever if they are willing...OK here goes....Recently I hired 20 men to work on a production tie gang 4 of these men were Mexican/Latinos I signed them up on a wendsday gave them all a basic safty training then sent them out to work on Thursday(we work 8 days on then 6 off)I stopped by the job site on Friday to see how things were going with the "green horns"(new hires).The Super told me that the Mexican/Latinos were working out fine but on friday morning after only one day ALL 16 of the rest of the new hires had left the motel in the night without saying "boo" to any one! Left us in a real bind. 60 days later those same 4 Mexicans are still working getting raises and asking for work for friends and family........What am I supposed to do? So now what does that say about some of our American work force?? Sad but absolutly true! BTW I've shot GTs since they came out not gonna change now I love my 5575s. OK now it's not a complete hijack. Thanks for listening, Sean.

I have a landscape co., my problem is that legal mexicans can hire illegal mexicans and I can't! then there is the fact that I have to charge taxes, well you save 9% right there! your 20% savings will run me out of bussines just like the roofer, mason,framer, and so on...I have to compete with my arms tided behind my back, but nobody cares about that!!!!

41 - 60 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.