Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A group of us are thinking about heading down to Texas for a few days. chambers Bowhunts prices are great but do you get what you pay for or is it a great place? I'm looking for some input to help us narrow down our choices. I've seen other threads about Chambers but they were all pretty old. I'm looking for a recent report. I'm looking for a big Aoudad and others want Black Buck and Rams and of course HOGS. I understand he has a 800 acre ranch and another 2300 acre ranch. Which is better? I also have read he has a son in law or something that guides for him and if you get him, you might as well kiss the trip goodbye as he is bad news and will ruin your trip. Any input would be great! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
We just got back1-5-12.There were 3 of us and we all got hogs. There are plenty of hogs. We hunted chambers ranch and if you are going for blackbuck they dont have any there. I was told the crystal creek ranch does thats there other ranch. Only 2 of us hunted exotics and one got a real nice ram. Maurice's grandson now is the guide and he is very respectful and treated us excellent. My suggestion though is if you are going for exotics make it at least a 3 day hunt min. and the grills are charcoal just for a little bit of info. and make sure you have lighted sight pins because hogs travel very early in am and just after dusk in pm. In all we had a blast would recommend place highly also no mech broadheads we had montech,hellraisers and truefire T-1's all worked flawlessly and expect it to be a hunt not just killing or shooting over feeders and you will not be dissappointed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts