Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"forgiving back wall"?? Please explain.
If at full draw the bow wants to jerk forward & fire when pressure is slightly reduced then it is not forgiving. Some muscle/speed bows have an extremely touchy back wall. Relax your hold pressure a tiny bit and the bow wants to go. I hurt my shoulder on the Bowtecs because they were so touchy.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
If at full draw the bow wants to jerk forward & fire when pressure is slightly reduced then it is not forgiving. Some muscle/speed bows have an extremely touchy back wall. Relax your hold pressure a tiny bit and the bow wants to go. I hurt my shoulder on the Bowtecs because they were so touchy.
Dude aint that the truth...........with my destroyer just when you try to relax into the shot it yanks my arm outa the socket!

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
Dude aint that the truth...........with my destroyer just when you try to relax into the shot it yanks my arm outa the socket!
if you ****** the timing of the top cam slightly, 1/16", you will have better luck ,thats how I shoot my D350 and she shoots like a dream!I can now relax into the shot a bit more and of course ditch the 70# limbs that will help too, not sure if you shoot 70 but no need with the Destroyers, unless you hunt dump trucks!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
yea Ive got the 70s........no problem with the wieght just like to relax ah little more before the shot, thanks for the info Ill give it a try

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if you ****** the timing of the top cam slightly, 1/16", you will have better luck ,thats how I shoot my D350 and she shoots like a dream!I can now relax into the shot a bit more and of course ditch the 70# limbs that will help too, not sure if you shoot 70 but no need with the Destroyers, unless you hunt dump trucks!
Not sure what was deleted here. Please elaborate.

·
Registered
259 Posts
R I T A R D with an E instead of an I

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
Not sure what was deleted here. Please elaborate.
have the top cam hit 1/16" after the bottom aparently used a word that some one didn't like and have no idea why!

re·tard   verb
1 to be delayed
2. to make slow; delay the development or progress of (an action, process, etc.); hinder or impede.

It's not a noun!

·
Banned
2,988 Posts
Put a wish strap on the 3900 it'll jump out of your hand.

·
Registered
181 Posts
It looked pretty smooth in Ikes video review at the ATA show. It certainly didn't jump out of his hand, in fact it seemed very docile for a speed bow!

·
Registered
34 Posts
What!?!?

It had a good valley compared to my omen but it had some vibe at the shot. I like my omen more, faster, quieter, and no vibration.
Sorry dude but the Omen is definately gonna be the one getting SMOKED!! If you match up the draw weight and draw length on a Omen vs. DS-3900 and trying to see which is faster the Omen will lose. The DS-3900 has a 355 IBO but Darton actually releases IBO speeds about 5fps. slower on their bows to ensure the buyer can really reach the advertised IBO speed so Darton plays it safe to make sure that the advertized IBO will be met thats why you always hear Darton shooters saying that their bows are actually faster than the IBO and that is because of the way Darton advertises a slower IBO speed so with the DS-3900 it is really a 360IBO and I have actually seen the ds-3900 chrono a 350gr. arrow at 364fps. So when it comes to the Omen....you are shooting a bow that has a 366 IBO but I think we all know that they don't reach that speed because PSE, MATHEWS, and BOWTECH ...ALL have exaggerated IBO speeds and Darton is the only ones that garauntee their advertised IBO speeds..

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
I shot the 3900 2 days ago at the local dealer. Darton's typically draw very nice for the speed they produce!! The limbs on the 3900 are more vertical than the 3800 so the bow has some kick for sure. The draw stacked like a 355 ibo bow. The drop into the valley was fast!!! It dumps into the valley. The bow did not want to take off at all. It held very nice and stacked the arrows at 20 yards. My 2 pennies.

Norm

·
Registered
459 Posts
I just picked up the ds-3900. It's set at 65lbs. I like the way it shoots. It draws nice and you can hold it back forever. There is no "jump" when you shoot it. My only gripe with it so far is that the upper draw stop is right in my face at full draw and it impedes my view of the level on my trophy ridge react sight. I just removed it and will shoot tomorrow to see what happens.

So far I really like it. The 5in brace didn't bother me either.

Good Luck

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
I just picked up the ds-3900. It's set at 65lbs. I like the way it shoots. It draws nice and you can hold it back forever. There is no "jump" when you shoot it. My only gripe with it so far is that the upper draw stop is right in my face at full draw and it impedes my view of the level on my trophy ridge react sight. I just removed it and will shoot tomorrow to see what happens.

So far I really like it. The 5in brace didn't bother me either.

Good Luck
Did you mean string stop?? how can a draw stop be in your line of sight???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts