Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been thinking about this for a while and I'm wondering if anyone has done this yet.

what kind of speed and draw weight do you think you would get if you put turbo cam's on a 34? would the poundage go up, down or stay the same and what would it do to the draw length? I have been told that if you put DFX cams on a turbo that it maxes out at 29" draw on a #3 cam but makes a 70 pound bow an 80 pound bow. This wont work for me as I am a 29.5" draw. I know with some work from my string building buddies we could figure it out but I am just curios if anyone has already done it and what the results were.

thoughts?

·
Registered
993 Posts
I have a buddy I shoot with that has put Nitrum Turbo cams on 3 different HyperEdges and it draws, holds and shoots way better than the DFX cams. He's currently building another HyperEdge with Nitrum Turbo cams.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
What's your draw length? I have some Nitrum Turbo # 2 cams that I need to sell be glad to hook you up.

·
Registered
993 Posts
What's your draw length? I have some Nitrum Turbo # 2 cams that I need to sell be glad to hook you up.
Soldierarcher, please PM me with a price on the Nitrum turbo cams you have. Very interested in them

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
@onedawg69, pm sent.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Check the Hoyt forum- somebody has already done this and was charged a $150 up charge.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
How much poundage does the DFX cam loose?
Actually, I misspoke.

It will actually gain some I believe. I just built a set of strings for a guy changing his Turbo over to DFX cams and I think he lost 6lbs but he was going from a #2 Turbo cam to #3 DFX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Michigander R.I.P.
5,539 Posts
Actually, I misspoke.

It will actually gain some I believe. I just built a set of strings for a guy changing his Turbo over to DFX cams and I think he lost 6lbs but he was going from a #2 Turbo cam to #3 DFX

Thanks for the info, I just scored some left hand DFX #3 cams and going to put them on a carbon defiant Turbo when a good deal comes up on a used one.

·
Straight Shooter
5,737 Posts
Actually, I misspoke.

I was going to say, my DFX Turbo to regular DFX held the same peak weight. Axle to axle is the same, so it makes sense that the draw weight would be the same too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts