Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a good deal on a white UnderArmor shirt at Cabelas today. I dont really want to wear an white shirt deer hunting so i am trying to find out if the shirt can be dyed or not. One idea i had was to take a couple Sharpies and make my own version of Predator but i dont know if that will last through the wash.

Any ideas or advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hehe, yeah but sooner or later i am going to be opening my coat or shirt or taking it off altogether and the last thing you want in PA during rifle season is to be flashing a white flag around.

I am more concerned with my safety than the deer seeing it.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Joe......you might screw up the wicking properties or the scent control of the fibers if you dye it. I wouldn't do it.

I had a white wool sweater that I wore under my camo for a long time and I just tied a camo bandana around my neck to cover the white triangle I got when I opened my collar a little. It was also my camo facemask for a long time.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Cover it with the cheap mesh camo shirts they use for "bugs." It's extremely "airy" and camo's ANYTHING underneath it.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Here's an idea for you: Call the company up and ask them. The shirts don't start out as black or green. Most likely they die them in-house.

David

·
Don't Blink!
3,140 Posts
yoda4x4 said:
Here's an idea for you: Call the company up and ask them. The shirts don't start out as black or green. Most likely they die them in-house.

David
Makes you wonder if you could actually take one and go through a "tie-dye" routine only using black, brown and gray colors instead of the rainbow colors. Might be worth checking out ...Under Armour (Heat or Cold gear) in Predator/ASAT-type pattern....that would be shweeet!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts