Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a rumor that Darton has switched it's camo pattern from Superflauge to RealTree HD Green. Anyone know if it's true?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Dartons

Im not sure if its true but id buy them no matter the camo pattern im looking forward to see what they have in store for 2004...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I have heard, looks like the new Maverick Extreme is decked out! Laminated limbs instead of glass, green/grey strings, all new colors......I'm glad I put buying a bow off for a year. Now I'll just keep my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
137 Posts
What NHhunter says is true Ive had 2004 Mav.Extr. for 2 weeks now . Not only did they change camo , limbs & string but also the cams. The draw is smooooth with limb savers not a sound plus theres no jump or hand shock. 385gr arrow 27" draw 62lbs (which feels like 58lbs) 278fps consistently,with 330gr arrows 291. I think Im going to keep this one for a long time. Hooked

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Hooked please post a picture !!!! alot of pepole are wanting to see this bow ! mine is on the way but it'll be next week before it arives .

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
There is one for sell on E-bay. But no picture of it either :mad: All these guys saying that they have seen it and shot it, but still no one pic that I have seen. Just getting tired of waiting.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Hooked those speeds are of the hook:D , the guys in the shop Im getting mine from are reporting similar speeds . Extremly fast , for a bow with 6 3/4 " brace . Its got 1/2 plus more brace than last years model and is faster go figure . Dartons coming up . By the way they were shot that bow at 29" and getting 318 thur the crono ,fastest yet thur that crono , the one that came closest was a 5 1/2 brace dual cam and it was getting 305 at the same draw .

·
Registered
Mathews Vertix, CBE Sight, Hamskea Rest, B Stinger Stabilizer, Gold Tip Arrows, Carter Release
2,764 Posts
Let's see a picture..

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
I've heard that this years maverick is rated 6 feet faster than last years model...that would make it ibo'd at 320! Not to mention laminated solid limbs...Well boys, the razortec is going on ebay...gotta make room for the new Darton!

·
Registered
87 Posts
2004 maverick

i have contacted 4 different proshops here in michigan and they all ask me what i am talking about when i ask if they have the new maverick extreme in stock. they said that '04's dont come out for a while yet and their rep hasnt told them anything. i seen the one on ebay also, but when i emailed him about a pic, he said he couldnt send one.can someone on here post a pic for everyone to see. it would definitely be appreciated by all the darton fans.

·
Registered
Mathews Vertix, CBE Sight, Hamskea Rest, B Stinger Stabilizer, Gold Tip Arrows, Carter Release
2,764 Posts
I too have contacted a few Darton dealers and they knew nothing regarding the new releases, it also seems that anyone who has one has no access to a camera...hmmmm???? :confused:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ill try to post a pic next wed. im going on the last fishing trip for the year on little bay de noc. i never posted a pic . so im gona need a little info from you guys. I must have called 20 dealers in IL., IND.,& WIS. about 1/2 had no idea about the the bow and only found 2 dealers that had one and 1 guy wouldn't sell and a few were waiting for em to come in. plus i got prices from 500 to 630. hooked

·
Registered
314 Posts
I've had them in the shop for about 2 months. They're great looking with the new camo and are smooooother, with less noise and shock.

Tell your Dealers that they could have been ordered about 4 or 5 months ago. They were supposed to ship on or about 8/1 but missed by a couple of weeks.

I've got one left in stock if you want to stop by to see one.;)

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I will believe Len also. From what I have read and heard about him on here and other archery sites, he seems to be one of the most honest, helpful, and knowledgeable pro shop owners around.

Four to five months ago? If they couldve been ordered that long ago, and your local shop hasnt even heard about them, you have to wonder if they are just playing dumb or are that much out of the loop. Either way, it would make me think twice about going there.

I just wish that Lens shop wasnt so far away from me, or I know where I would be going to get my new Darton or Hoyt.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm glad to hear the good news, and I feel Darton will be a big contender this season. Unfortunatley for me, the dealers that are found on their website (for this area) have chosen not to stock any of their bows or even advertise that they are a darton dealer. :confused: So now it's between the Kodiak BowLogic 36 and the Maverick............

·
Registered
87 Posts
i actually called darton directly today to find out what the scoop is on this bow. the tech person told me the bows were only shipped to a few select dealers in a couple states to see how they would go over. he said the bow is 38" 6-1/2" brace height, new laminated limbs, new camo, new cams, new strings, and shoots 4-5 fps faster than last years model. with that being said, i think this will be the bow to have in 2004!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just got off the phone with a dealer not to far away from here. Turns out he has already sold a few........and has one left. I'm
going there tomorrow morning to take it for a test drive.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
One word, WOW! Super smooth, super quiet (bare) and super fast. Craftsmanship, flawless. Darton is going to be hard to beat for the money........

1 - 20 of 21 Posts