Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just reading some of the stuff that gets posted makes me sad.
I mean i can't believe people are so dumb sometimes.
They don't think before speaking or reposting things.
Is it just me or do others see this also.
Take this you see it all the time
You can't hunt with a long ATA bow .
10 years ago what is considered a long ATA bow now was considered a short ATA bow then.
People hunted in treestands, ground blinds and stalked with 48" ATA bows but now it can't be done?

Mike

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
I don't know if the internet caused it some may have been born with that affliction.:tongue:

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
The younger generation is dumber, of course. That's just the way it is. These young guys see all these short, parallel limb bows and it becomes engrained in their mind that's what's best. Maybe ignorant is a better word, or brainwashed. They're too easily influenced and haven't yet figured out how to think critically for themselves and would rather let someone else do their thinking for them. They say youth is waisted on the young..

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
You mean you CAN hunt with a longer bow? I suppose you think an arrow that only goes 240 fps will still kill a deer too. Can't happen deer are tougher these days and they can see a longer bow sneaking up on them better too because their eyes have evolved to see that stuff. Man You is rilly dum!

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I think the advertising scheme's of the bow manafacturer's is what convinced many archers that the short bows are necessary. I give the internet credit for bringing new products the attention that has helped them succeed. Without the praise some products get on here I dont believe many pro shops would get the request for and the pressure to start carrying them.

·
Shaaaaazam!!
7,703 Posts
The younger generation is dumber, of course. That's just the way it is. These young guys see all these short, parallel limb bows and it becomes engrained in their mind that's what's best. Maybe ignorance is a better word, or brainwashed. They're too easily influenced and haven't yet figured out how to think critically for themselves and would rather let someone else do their thinking for them. They say youth is waisted on the young..
:confused::confused::confused:Classy statement

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
More, and more it seems like some of the more frequent thread starters on this site spend their entire day just thinking of something to start a thread about. Some of this "stuff" is just getting ridiculous. The worst part is that these threads go on for several pages.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I think the opposite. Sure, you get allot of monkey see monkey do things but for the most part there is good information out there. Just have to be able to distinguish the difference, that's the problem.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The younger generation is dumber, of course. That's just the way it is. These young guys see all these short, limb bows and it becomes engrained in their mind that's what's best. Maybe ignorance is a better word, or brainwashed. They're too easily influenced and haven't yet figured out how to think critically for themselves and would rather let someone else do their thinking for them. They say youth is waisted on the young..
Last year i was shooting a Hoyt X7
I was at the range shooting. Next to me was a guy shooting a Bowtech it was short. So i asked how he liked it (read alot of bad things about Bowtech on here). He proceeded to tell me how this was the most advanced bow out today. He looked at my bow and asked why i would shoot such old technology. I asked what he meant. He said the roller guard his bow had ws so much better than my cable slide, shorter bows are so much faster than long ATA bows, parallel limbs are quieter and have less vibration in them than non parallel limbs and that all these things will improve accuracy. I asked if he had ever shot a Hoyt he said no so i said give this one a try. I handed him my bow and my arrows and he said wow still shooting aluminums i did not know they still made them. He took 4 shots at my 5 spot target and all 4 were in the 10 ring.He handed my bow back to me and said he did not like the fell of it but it did draw smooth but he still liked his bow better. I watched him shoot his bow the rest of the time i was there. He was shooting a 5 spot also i never once saw him hit more than 3 10s out of 5 arrows.
But his bow was better?

Mike

·
74,535 Posts
Some are entitled to there opionions on a internet disscussion forum. Dumb or not!

But there a wealth of good info here from some dedicated archers.

You just got to find what works for you.
DB

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Last year i was shooting a Hoyt X7
I was at the range shooting. Next to me was a guy shooting a Bowtech it was short. So i asked how he liked it (read alot of bad things about Bowtech on here). He proceeded to tell me how this was the most advanced bow out today. He looked at my bow and asked why i would shoot such old technology. I asked what he meant. He said the roller guard his bow had ws so much better than my cable slide, shorter bows are so much faster than long ATA bows, parallel limbs are quieter and have less vibration in them than non parallel limbs and that all these things will improve accuracy. I asked if he had ever shot a Hoyt he said no so i said give this one a try. I handed him my bow and my arrows and he said wow still shooting aluminums i did not know they still made them. He took 4 shots at my 5 spot target and all 4 were in the 10 ring.He handed my bow back to me and said he did not like the fell of it but it did draw smooth but he still liked his bow better. I watched him shoot his bow the rest of the time i was there. He was shooting a 5 spot also i never once saw him hit more than 3 10s out of 5 arrows.
But his bow was better?

Mike
Yes there everywhere I dont think its the internet. I could argue all day with people, like why you not doing what I do whats wrong with you. I am shore we have all sean them. The only way I know to deal with them is ignore them let the score card show Whos got there gear sorted/shooting style sorted. Then they just streight out hate you. It can be fun and they stop talking to you its bliss.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The world is full of stupid people. The Internet allows them to assemble easier.
The same holds true for intelligent/common sense individuals as well.
You just need to navigate your way through it all and find out which one you are.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
The world is full of stupid people. The Internet allows them to assemble easier.
The same holds true for intelligent/common sense individuals as well.
You just need to navigate your way through it all and find out which one you are.
Seriously, seriously awesome post!!!....That first sentence should be on a T-shirt or something.......

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have found internet to be invaluable source of information. Cut my learning curve way down. I have a hunting partner who has been into archery for about 10 years longer than me. He does not utilize internet like I do. I find myself correcting him on stuff all the time. And not stuff that could be considered opinion. Like not gripping the bow hand, Flexing carbon arrows (he had no idea carbon could break and hurt you), Refused to adjust the rest when broad head tuning. He always insisted on adjusting the sight first thing. He had to learn everything seat of the pants or by what the local pro shop said. We know how accurate that can be. I use internet research for everything. Just sample enough sources to filter out the BS. Eventually a common thread you can have confidence in emerges.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
one of these special characters at the club was shooting at a target thats got a few stones in it, its river sand inside the butt, trust me I dont shoot at this target. Any way his practicing at it and brakes all his 12 axis shafts in 1 end, week later he comes up to me and says ya scott I am over easton arrows there junk thay keep braking when I shoot them. So now I have moved onto carbon express thay should handle (normal wear and tear of shooting into targets. I said dude could you not hear the impact when you where shooting that would tell you there is a stone in the target?
He said thats normal I made the target 2 years ago there is nothing wrong with it. I heared him shooting and could hear them impact something very hard shot after shot. He dosnt look inbreed but I am shore he must be.

·
Socket Man
23,775 Posts
Typing your thoughts in a short response that is perfect is tough especially when thousands of people are going to read and evaluate it within seconds of you posting. That is why this place is so tough to be a part of.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
:confused::confused::confused:Classy statement
I tend to agree with it. Watching the younger generation I have found that they are mostly

lazy
believe anything they read on facebook or the internet
can't spell and can't talk without saying.. "You know", or the word "like" 30 times
think its cruel to actually have to work for what they want
can't do a damn thing without their phone

Scary part is I am only 32 yrs old, always worked for what I needed or wanted. Had respect and fear of my parents.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Dumber??? Not me. In fact for all the complaining that seems to go on here, this site has been HUGE in helping me to learn and understand the mechanics of compound bows, tuning, and form. No where else have I encountered so many archers willing to take their time to help and teach. Ten years ago I was just happy if I could hit the darn target at 30 yds. With the help of AT and the good people that are here, now I'm not happy unless I can easily wrap my fingers around my 30 yard group. And better yet, I know why or why not, my arrows are going where they are.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts