Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of you out there who have photoshop on your computer and love photography but hate sitting at the computer post processing 100's of images......xmas just came early for you. If you are not already using Dr. Browns Image Processor you are missing the boat. Download the script from the link below and watch the tutorial and your post processing blues will be a thing of the past. Basically all you do is download your images off off of your CF card into a folder on your desktop and then create a another destination folder on your desktop. The script will automatically convert (in one step) all of your images into a custom size jpg for internet viewing while at the same time converting them into TIFF's (if you shoot raw) for printing......all at the same time. You can also apply raw settings that will apply to all images plus you can specify a USM setting (85.1.4 is my favorite) which will also be applied to all of your images while the script is processing all of your images.

I love photography but hate post processing but this has made my life sooooooooo easy! You are crazy not to use this. Just scroll down to the
Dr. Brown's Image Processor 2.3 on the link below. Their is a video tutorial and the download is simple all though I think you need to be running PhotoshopCS to use.

http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html

tom

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Thanks for the link. I have just purchased my first "real" camera and I believe this will help.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problem..........and you have no idea how much time it will save you. By the limited number of responses I can only guess that there are not that many people here who use photoshop. To be able to hit "run" and have a script convert a folder of raw images to tiffs (for printing) with custom raw settings (ie exposure, white balance, contrast, etc etc) plus resize to jpg's of your on custom size (for web viewing) while applying an Unsharp Mask Setting at the same time is something no other script can do......period! You can't even create Actions in Photoshop that will do all this in one step.

I don't use it all the time but whenever I have a over 50 images to edit, this is the only way to go.

On some of the photography boards I can assure you that this script is truly looked upon as the greatest thing since sliced bread!

tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts