Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't bow hunt, but my friend does and here's his Elk hunting story short and to the point.

My friend and his buddy both applied for an Elk license and both were issued licenses. My friend said he sent his money in for the tag, but his buddy, who has the horses, the tent, the truck, and so on, failed to send his tag money in, so the buddy wasn't going hunting at the last minute.

My friend drives a small car, but he went on to hunt by himself. He said another friend , who wasn't going hunting either, told him if he got an Elk to call him. He had a truck and would haul the Elk out for my friend.

My friend said he found his hunting spot the morning of the hunt and he is literary counting the seconds down until the sun comes up and it's time to hunt. He blows his Elk call a few times and an Bull Elk answers immediately.

My friend says he spots the Elk coming his way at a fast pace head on. He says he arrows the big bull and calls his friend who said he has a truck and would haul the Elk out for him.

You guess it, the guy with the truck couldn't come.

My friend had heard other hunters, known to him, who said they would be hunting not to far from him, but my friend didn't know for sure where they might be.

Night came and my friend is driving down dark roads until he sees a camp light and Lo and Behold it's the hunters he was looking for and all ends well this time.

My friend said that was 20 years ago and he hasn't made any plans to go Elk hunting with anybody since.

Ever happen to you?

r302 :mg:

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I hunt on the road a lot.

What I have learned is never ever count on anyone else holding up their end of the deal.

The earlier in the year they commit, the less chance they will show.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.