Archery Talk Forum banner

Have you ever heard of this 3d shoot?

720 Views 12 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  copperdoc1
I am involved in setting up a 3 club 3d shoot with 120 targets.40 targets family friendly 40 targets 4 hard core hunters 40 marked targets 4 those who liked that.So have you guys ever shoot 120 targets in a day? So what do you guys think? this is still in the works but looks like it is a go for next year.:thumbs_up :thumbs_do
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· A.K.A. Big JW
2,745 Posts
120 3D targets in one day. Does not sound appealing to me. Some times 40 targets takes a long time to shoot. If you have many shooters at all, I don't see how everyone could finish 120 in one day. In my opinion, not a good idea.

· Banned
2,185 Posts
I think just the targets would cost 35 - 50 thousand dollars, and with reduced fees for youth and cubs, you will need about 5,500 shooters just to cover target cost alone. When you calculate in all the other costs associated with setting up and maintaining even a single course year round, it is not a financially viable decision.

· Registered
1,779 Posts
WE Had 60 target ironman shoots and that is a full day and plenty of shooting, maybe 80 TARGET 2 day shoot if you have the targets, We have 120 good shootable targets at our club. It is alot of work to make a big shoot safe and fun and smooth running besides making a profit in the end. good luck

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A little more info for you.This is a 3 day shoot. All 3 clubs have the needed 3Ds they would be reasonable for setting up and taking down.Even though there are 120t you wouldnt have to shoot all of them but you could. This is still in the planning stages.Not sure how it will all work out have a meeting next week may be able to give more details.Thanks for all your input it really helps talking about this with fellow 3Ders .;)

· huh huh, archery rocks...
1,286 Posts
sounds like it could be done...our club does an ironman shoot that consits of ...a 300 indoor round , 14 target hunter outdoor round , and a 30 target 3-d course in two days of shooting.

· Registered
10,119 Posts
wow

that's a lot of targets to set up and take down.

why not just place the shooting stakes out further for the "hard Core" shooters and have everyone shoot the same course??

Just wondering.

· Registered
629 Posts
Our club sets up our annual Spring 3D Bowhunter Festival each April and we are only setting 5 courses with 20 targets each. We used to set 7 courses a couple years ago a I will attest that is not possible to shoot all 7 in a day. If fact now with 5 courses most shooters on get thru 3 or 4 courses and a couple novelty shoots. We rent a Boy Scout Reservation for the weekend we have people show up on Friday while we are setting up so they can be the first to shoot.

· Registered
653 Posts
It sounds like you might be better off getting Rienhart to help you out on something like this!
They get a cut of the profits,but your clubs help with the event.
They show up with a tractor trailer full of targets,and computers,ect needed to run an event of this size.
Your people help in all stages,and they have great novelty shoots , and raffle/door prizes supplied by sponsors,and Reinhart themselves.
Might be worth checking out!

· Registered
190 Posts
Yeah its possible, you just have to try to keep it moving. We shoot the Rinehart 100 in a day easy, but at the end of the day I was whipped! I think the ironman shoots are very fun, mental stability plays a huge factor!:darkbeer::darkbeer:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.