Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot this buck in Ohio several years back and regretted it later. Have you ever burnt your tag and wished you didn't? It seemed every big buck in the woods knew he was safe and would walk by me me with his tongue out.:angry:

Attachments

·
THwack--CRASH
11,175 Posts
i wouldn't regret that one!!!!!
he would fill a corner in the house somewhere.......your spoiled:wink:

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Have you ever shot a buck and regretted it?
Only if I made a bad shot. :cry:

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
In a simple word - No. I have enjoyed and been very proud and happy of every deer I have had the chance at and fortunate enough to take. The day I regret it, is the day I stop hunting.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
yep I have

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
Never regretted a one! Not even the 1.5 yr old bucks.:cheers:

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
There is always the regret of taking a life, but I'm always thankful to have the food. Antler size is does'nt enter into it for me.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
I hunt for antlers, so yes I have regretted taking a buck that wasn’t up to my expectations. My hunting has evolved, where almost everything is too small.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I didn't really regret it, I just wished I had another tag

I shot this one in Virginia and was bummed because he was running with a bigger one but I wasn't taken any chances. The gig was up and it was shoot this one or watch both bucks run off. I figured a bird in the hand was better than a dozen in the bushes:darkbeer:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I have never regretted taking any animal as I am always grateful to harvest game. If you are not going to be happy with an animal DON'T SHOOT IT and let it walk. This is a pet peeve of mine when some one complains about an animal they chose to take.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
oh yea. Got fooled on a couple. Both were right at last light and I had to shoot quick. Wasn't what I though I shot when I found them

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looking back at it

I have never regretted taking any animal as I am always grateful to harvest game. If you are not going to be happy with an animal DON'T SHOOT IT and let it walk. This is a pet peeve of mine when some one complains about an animal they chose to take.
I wished I didn't shoot any of these. Some other more appreciative hunter would have them on thier wall and now there just threw in a box or being cut up into knife handles. I'm just getting older and I'm trying to focus on the quality of the hunt and sharing. At one time these were real important to me. I would have liked for someone else to have got them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
i never regretted any animal i shot wether it was a pope&young or young one. everytime i take an animals life, im will always be proud of it. nobody makes me shoot an arrow or pull a trigger but yourself.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I do regret taking opportunities from others

i never regretted any animal i shot wether it was a pope&young or young one. everytime i take an animals life, im will always be proud of it. nobody makes me shoot an arrow or pull a trigger but yourself.
Does that make sense--some little boy or unsuccessful guy could have got them if I didn't shoot them.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts