Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have you ever wanted something lets say a new bow! and you put it on lay away because you cant afford it right away and you thing "this is a great idea" well maybe 3-4 days later you realize how bad of an idea this was not because of the having to pay for it. its more the not having your new bow and really wanting to shoot it!! sure i can go to the shop and shoot it but i cant shoot it in my own backyard its horrible! has this ever happened to anyone else? or something equally as awful?

·
Registered
900 Posts
it makes you want to get it paid for very quickly...

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I guess I am lucky or something. The only place around here that has layaway is a martin/pse dealer, and I wont buy either. So I dont have to worry about it :wink: But waiting sucks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha i go to the shop like everyday as it is so its not that bad and the guys that work there are super cool but the waiting sucks so bad! any one wanna donate some money to my new bow fund?!:wink: haha just kidding

·
Registered
900 Posts
at least ya can shoot it anytime thier open...the waiting really sucks i'm going thru that part now...but the shop i go to has the exact bow i'm getting but different colors set up as a demo...so even tho it won't be MY bow i still get to shoot it..helps me get the fix i need to be patient

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i feel for ya higs they said that i can go sight it in and pratice with it so i will be ready for the upcoming season so i might just go today haha

·
Registered
900 Posts
i've been waiting 3 weeks already on mine..i'm going to the shop tonight to take some friends down thier for the first time and pay for my new strings for this bow..hopefully i'll find out tonght when my bow is going to be shipped...and yes i'll be putting some arrows thru it...I take it you're waitin on a Hoyt? which one?

·
Registered
2,527 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2009 super hawk in realtree AP im so excited for it im going crazy waiting tho what are you waiting on?

·
Registered
900 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
2009 super hawk in realtree AP im so excited for it im going crazy waiting tho what are you waiting on?

Athens Accomplice 34" all black...everything i've ever wanted in a bow

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Athens Accomplice 34" all black...everything i've ever wanted in a bow
nice! i wanted mine in all black but the one that they have at the shop is a slightly darker because of a fire that happened there earlier this year so im getting this one for 200$ off so i really cant complain if its the color i wanted or not

·
Registered
900 Posts
nice! i wanted mine in all black but the one that they have at the shop is a slightly darker because of a fire that happened there earlier this year so im getting this one for 200$ off so i really cant complain if its the color i wanted or not

that's not bad at all...does it still have the fire smell that sticks to things for a long time? i hate that smell...back when i was 17 i lived with my sister and her appartment caught on fire..what stuff that was salvigable stunk bad...but hopefully with your bow being a solid matterial didn't have that smell stuck to it

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that's not bad at all...does it still have the fire smell that sticks to things for a long time? i hate that smell...back when i was 17 i lived with my sister and her appartment caught on fire..what stuff that was salvigable stunk bad...but hopefully with your bow being a solid matterial didn't have that smell stuck to it
it doesnt smell at all they took all the rubber off of it and ordered new parts and restrung it so the smell isnt stuck in it

·
Registered
900 Posts
Ya I want a new Admiral so bad I can taste it!!! But it looks like it will probably be Nov before I can get it and thats a maybe :cry:

thier a good shooter..the shop i shoot for just started to carry bowtech...

·
Registered
900 Posts
it doesnt smell at all they took all the rubber off of it and ordered new parts and restrung it so the smell isnt stuck in it

i figured they would of took care of it before they tried to sell it...i'm sure the darker camo won't hurt to have...heck it probley looks better huh?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i figured they would of took care of it before they tried to sell it...i'm sure the darker camo won't hurt to have...heck it probley looks better huh?
it does actually i compared it to the pattern that it used to be and i prefer the darker pattern

·
Registered
900 Posts
it does actually i compared it to the pattern that it used to be and i prefer the darker pattern

sounds like you're getting exactly what you wanted! do you do any black bear hunting out thier?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts