Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys noticed in the rage commercial that when chuck adams pulls up his axe and is like, its like throwing an axe through an animal that the axe is dull and rusty haha, just like a rage.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Okay you use your broad head Ill use mine which so happens to be a rage 2-blade never had a failure and never had a deer make it past 40 yards before tipping over D-E-A-D.
Thats what a broad head does it kills things if you insert them into vital organs Just thought i would let you all know that.

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
Okay you use your broad head Ill use mine which so happens to be a rage 2-blade never had a failure and never had a deer make it past 40 yards before tipping over D-E-A-D.
Thats what a broad head does it kills things if you insert them into vital organs Just thought i would let you all know that.

,, and you're a Muzzyguy?:)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
rage 2 blade head, 18 yards, first shot dropped him (hit high and cut the spine), 2nd shot is when he tried to get up, also dropped him in his tracks.

Pulled the above post from another thread. Personally I tried the 2 blade this year and had great success. I will shoot them again.
Seems as though you have as well. Even with the rust. :confused:

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope shot and killed 2 deer with a rage, then i shot a buck, and the broadhead snapped in 2 right in the middle of the ferrule. so i was like oh just a bad shot maybe. so then i shot a doe and got a pass thru, found the head and a blade broke off, so i was like oh well just odd, never found that deer either. so then i shot and hit a branch on the next deer adn the ferrule snapped in half again, now i shoot g5 because they are solid steel not aluminum. killed a deer at 43 yards with them this year. they are great.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Also...they talk about great penetration and pass throughs....yet they show a deer running off with an arrow hanging more than half way out it's side.....

·
I Got Serious!
3,361 Posts
Will these rage threads ever end, some people really need to get a life.:thumbs_do

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Man, if I had a dollar for all the dip$#!% that have needed to be told that this year!!! I could BUY my own b-head company!!! :wink:

·
Registered
838 Posts
,, and you're a Muzzyguy?:)
haha things changed i found something better. Not necessarily better but i think it might get the job done a little quicker and i like to follow those blood interstates instead of the blood trails.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Good post. As I read some of the topics people cry about on here it makes me wonder if they are just keyboard hunters? Chuck Adams in my eyes is one of the greatest and most proven bow hunters ever. I've read his books and every magazine article I come across that he writes. He constantly preaches about knowing your equipment, making sure its set up right and make sure you never stop practicing. I believe that he has no problems with Rage heads which is why I switched from Muzzy to Rage this year. I've shot at 2 animals this year with my Rage 2-blade heads one was a coyote and the other a big doe. The coyote went 3 feet and died and the doe went 30 yds. Maybe next year I will use another brand but my experience with Rage has been positive but it could have something to do with the fact that I put those heads through the animals vitals? Lets talk about deer hunting and stop going on and on about hunting products. There is no product on the market that will hop out of the package and go kill your deer. You have to put your time in and develop some actual hunting skills.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts