Archery Talk Forum banner

Have you shot the Classic 600? How'd you do?

569 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  tovli
Our club ran an NFAA Classic 600 this last weekend. I can't find any scores on the web for anyone else shooting this round.

Have you? What was your score and class?

Our scores are at Gold Coast Archers Classic 600
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,756 Posts
Classic? Do you mean Fita 600 indoor spot?
I am a beginner with that one. Only the baby X is ten.
My personal best is 560 in tournament. 576 at training.
Werry few shoots 600 out of 600 with the baby X

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NFAA Classic 600 Defined

The NFAA Classic 600 is a new outdoor round that is shot at a 92cm face starting at the short distance first:

4ends of 5 arrows at 40 yards,
4ends of 5 arrows at 50 yards,
4ends of 5 arrows at 60 yards.

The 10 ring is 43% smaller area than the 122cm face used for the 900 round, and the difficult range is shot at the end when some folks are starting to get tired, so I expect scores to be lower than typical 900 round.

· Registered
6,681 Posts
I didn't recognize the name, but the round is familiar. That is the round that was shot for the Atlantic City Shoot/Stan Open prior to this past April when they changed to shooting a pair of 450 rounds at 20yd instead. I didn't realize the round had an official NFAA name, lol :). It is a very fun and challenging round....wish the Stan Open didn't have to change away from that format personally (space issues, rental costs apparently too high for a building that can accomodate that type of round indoors).

Bit of history, the World Archery Festival developed and began using the new 92cm face and format (shooting in reverse order -- closest to longest) when they began offering up a $1M to whomever shot perfect at all three tournaments -- Vegas, NFAA Indoors and Stan Open -- in the same season.

>>------->

· Registered
6,081 Posts
That sounds like fun sport!

All summer long, I've been shooting a 10 ring, 60cm face out at the 60 yard bale, and, was told by the guy that turned me on to the idea of shootin' this target face, that I needed to shoot 6 arrows x 5 ends, and, hope I could hit the 300, I haven't made it past the 249 score yet.

Question; What "venue" of archery would this be concidered? :dontknow:

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
That is the round that was shot for the Atlantic City Shoot/Stan Open ...

Bit of history, the World Archery Festival developed and began using the new 92cm face and format (shooting in reverse order -- closest to longest) when they began offering up a $1M to whomever shot perfect at all three tournaments -- Vegas, NFAA Indoors and Stan Open -- in the same season.

>>------->
Great. I compared with the Stan Open '07 scores. A long way from the pros, but we had fun.

I was wondering why it said World Archery Festival on the face. You solved that also.

Florida is shooting this round for the second day of the state outdoor this year, paired with a 900.

Thank you Jeff,

tovil

· Registered
5,479 Posts
The NFAA Classic 600 is a new outdoor round that is shot at a 92cm face starting at the short distance first:

4ends of 5 arrows at 40 yards,
4ends of 5 arrows at 50 yards,
4ends of 5 arrows at 60 yards.

The 10 ring is 43% smaller area than the 122cm face used for the 900 round, and the difficult range is shot at the end when some folks are starting to get tired, so I expect scores to be lower than typical 900 round.

I knew what ya meant hear but it kinda made me laugh!

I'd say the score would be at least 300 points lower!

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd say the score would be at least 300 points lower!
Cute...glad you know what I meant cause it sure was a stupid statement looking back at it. :embara:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.