Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just hadta take my longbow out this evening to clear my head..get this..was going to go to an ASA shoot in gainsville but a bunch of roadblocks told me maybe i better not..legs were killing me..and a couple hours later the pain was crushing..wound up going to the ER this past friday night..the doc there diagnosed my legs as having diabetic neuropathy..sometimes they feel like fire ants are feeding on them other times they just feel numb..but what i was really concerned about was what appeared to be an infected abcess on my right leg with red'ish purple blotchy spots around my ankle with a real bad spot just above it which appeared to be the abcess..that was rapidly growing..took monday off work to see my primary care physician as instructed..told her the ER doc called it Diabetic Neuropathy..she said..yeah but..i don't like that infected looking area and discoloration of the skin like that is not a result of neuropathy..so she wrote me scripts for metformin (for my diabetes) and some kind of strong antibiotic (for the infection/discoloration) and neurontin to quell the pain of my neuropathy..well..i took today off work as well cause all the meds were screwing with me and just figured it would be a good idea cause the discoloration spread big time..several close friends and family members said the abcess looks more like a spider bite..well..today?..i go to walk out my back porch and as soon as i open the slider?..viola..there's a spider in my face..i grabbed a paper towel and crushed it just enough to barely kill it..broke out my readers and?..Brown Recluse..aka "Fiddleback"..compared the spider on net pics and also took a look at bite pics and..bad news...looks just like my abcess..so here i am feel'in real sorry for myself...53 years old..diabetes..nueropathy...and now this shid where i just get to watch my leg rot away as there is no cure or anti-venom..so?..i grabbed the longbow and figured i'll just shoot till i cant shoot no more cause how much more shid can happen to me in one lifetime...guess it's paybacks for all the crazy shid i done and got away with..but i'm sure suffering now...and i guess the neuropathy in my leg kept me from feeling the bite...sucker was probably in my boots. :(

Please pray for me and my family cause if i get to a point that i can't make it to work?..they'll be suffering right with me..my 3 daughters already are as they saw my leg and it sorta looks horrific and it's scaring the heck out of'em..and me....not good. :(

·
32,602 Posts
Dang, I feel for ya...my wife was bitten by a recluse about two years back and she was laid up in the bed for a month. The Drs. had to lance her leg to get the poison out and she was in bed with it for a good while. I had to take care of her and wait on her. She had to go to the emergency room twice because of the two bites she received. Don't play around with this thing, get with the Drs and get it taken care of asap!

·
Registered
992 Posts
jinks sorry to hear bout whats goin on, seems like when it rains it pours. wish ya quick healing. and will be sendin prayers your way.keep us updated

·
Registered
679 Posts
sounds like your getting stronger from all the stuff that cant kill you." pay back from the shid you got away with" .i think about that too.day at a time you no that.thank god for archery and all you surround yourself with.you no it could be worse. keep in touch. enjoy your stories. the good and the bad. maybe i will meet you at the next vero shoot. hang in there...Kyle

·
Premium Member
11,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everybody...prayers much appreciated and i do believe they worked..my doc prescribed me what she termed as "The Strongest Pill Form Antibiotics Known To Man" two days ago and the redish/purple discoloration is already starting to clear up..and as it did?..it exposed a little something..it wasn't one bite..it was three..the main big one just above my ankle..then a small one just below my ankle and then a tiny one right at the base of my foot..so whatever it was nailed me three times and dumped most it's venom in the first bite so at this point i'm almost positive it wasnt a brown recluse thank GOD and ya'lls prayers.

Thanks again & L8R, Bill. :cool:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Best of luck to you JINKSER. Back in the early 80's while residing in Denver I had one take me 3 times under the armpit. Talk about body odor, that sob stunk. Swole up as big as a golf ball before I finally circumvented it. Glad your felling better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts