Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my new bow a few months back and havent shot broadheads with it until now........my field points are all in a nice group all the way to 40 yds (as far as i went) but the BH would always be to the right even at 10 yds! so from 10....1 1/2-2" to the right.....20.....3"....30......4"...etc..my question is what is causing this?? is it just adjusting my bow to the BH?? if so....how would i go about that?? im not gonna pretend to know everything when it comes to fine tuning your bow......just wanted to know what yall thought...

thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pointysticks.....called my bow guy and he said the same thing! im gonna try that tom!

spikecamp.......the arrows were cut at 28"...378 gn total arrow! and my field points and BH weight the same!

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Move your rest the smallest amount left that you can. repeat til they come together.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
by doing this.....is that gonna make my field pts (that are on target) go to the left now??

might be a dumb question but figured id ask anyways...

·
Registered
139 Posts
As you move your rest you will have to readjust your sight. Each move of your rest will move FP's a little and BH's more. At some point they will come together. Then do a final adjustment on your sight and you are all set.

You can do this in the vertical plane as well if your BH's are hitting higher or lower than your FP's.

IMHO, when your field points and broad heads hit the same spot on target consistently, THAT is when your bow is tuned.

Good luck.

·
Registered
352 Posts
by doing this.....is that gonna make my field pts (that are on target) go to the left now??

might be a dumb question but figured id ask anyways...
I don't think it should...but I guess it's possible. If so, bh's and ft's will be together so just slide the entire sight housing to bring it all back on center.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the info...im gonna try it out tom! the only thing i see that could potentially be a problem is...if i move the rest too much farther to the left....its gonna slam down on the shelf!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the link.....that was some great info!

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
As you move your rest you will have to readjust your sight. Each move of your rest will move FP's a little and BH's more. At some point they will come together. Then do a final adjustment on your sight and you are all set.

You can do this in the vertical plane as well if your BH's are hitting higher or lower than your FP's.

IMHO, when your field points and broad heads hit the same spot on target consistently, THAT is when your bow is tuned.

Good luck.
This is the way to do it.^

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
appreciate the help fellas....went out today n move the rest over a bit and now i own 2 busted arrows! haha

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
glad you got it when you want to do it right bring this up

1 set rest height centered on berger holes
2 set nock height square
3 lock rest in up position with hemostats nock arrow clamp another arrow ro riser adjust left right so measurment is the same at both ends
4 bareshaft through paper tune harness for bullet holes if nock left twist left yokes right tokes for nock right top yokes for nock low bottom yokes for nock high
5 now that you have bullet holes go to 20yds shoot 3 bare 3 fletched and 3 broadheads watch them nocks if they aren't in a tight group there is a spine issue
btw my d 350 likes 300 spine 27.5" 73#

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
also from personal experience this year, try more than one arrow before you make movements. Took five arrows that all cut the same, squared ends and inserts and spun perfect on an arrow spinner, Could not get my bh to my fps, bh to the right, moved rest all the way right then left and nothing helped switched arrows and worked perfectly. I guess I'm not smart enought to explain why but I won't argue with it now. Arrows are .003 straightness all bought by Jerry so stiff side of spine was marked and put up on all. Does it bother me I can't figue it out, yes it does, but now I have 3 arrows that will fly with bh or fp in the same exact spot out to 60 yrds. Well worth it in the end to know all is tuned perfectly imo and ultimate confidence to hunt with.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well where i was shooting i was only able to go out to 30 yds.....but the results were the same! not to say that they would be at 60 but i know when im hunting.....im not gonna have a 60 yd shot! yes......my bow may not be "perfectly" tuned, but when it comes down to it...when youre shooting where u want to and the distance u expect to.....all of the science goes out the window! i dont need to know everything (granted yes i would like to learn as much as possible) but if im confident in my shots......thats really all that matters!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts