Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Using a string loop with my setup,I was shooting perfect bullet holes in paper.
I decided to forgo the loop and try to attach the release directly to the string using the exact same nocking point.
Now my holes are tearing 'nock high' indicating(per Easton tuning guide)
a: high nocking point
b:weak arrow

It doesn't make sense to me.
The nock is the same height and the arrow is the same.
Any suggestions? (besides going back to a loop)
The draw length DOES feel a little short now.If I lenghten it a 1/2 in. or so,would that help?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Check to make sure that that your release is not applying any torque to the string.
Maybe the string loop was not transfering the torque to the string as much when in use.

"Just an idea"

·
Registered
3 Posts
The loop keeps you in line with the arrow. And this helps with the accuracy of your shooting. Have you tried using eliminator buttons the release could be pinching the arrow nock.

I would try the elim. button and see how that does. Also you might be anchoring at a different spot now and this might be messing you up.

Just a thought. Hope this helps and you can figure it out.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The problem you are having is most likely caused by the new release system. By attaching the release directly to the string, below the arrow, changes the angle of the string to the arrow nock. This in turn changes the force applied to the string/bow. It causes a problem similar to having a weak limb or a cam out of time. It is a simple matter to adjust your nock set to solve the problem, but one you will need to do. The same nock point will not work for loop and direct to string. Hope this helps. BR

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had some theroy that if I clipped directly to the string that I would get more speed.
Seems like more trouble than it's worth.
I think I'll go back to the loop.
Thanks guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts